Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Oh nuts

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Bob Ford, May 25, 2017.

1. Bob Ford

Bob Ford Pickle the Mud Monster,

I over slept this morning now it's to hot for Pickle I'll have to do a longer walk later when it's cooler.

kimthecat likes this.
  2. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

I went out at 9 am and it was too hot !

3. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

Don't have a dog walking problem, but I cycled to work at about 8.30am and I was roasting. Might take it easy going home.

I suppose there are worse problems to have :)

Lurcherlad likes this.
  4. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I never get the later walk thing TBH, it always seems just as hot unless you go out really late at night (which I dont do!).
    Luckily its only about 20C here which is just about ok for the dogs, I always seem to flag before they do anyways.

5. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Evenings are often still too warm imo as the heat has built up over the day and radiates from buildings and the road.

Early mornings are by far the best.

That said, Neds been out from 9am until just after 1pm, as Thursdays are our group/social walking day. Apart from sticking to woods rather than open countryside, we walked as normal, and the dogs hooned about like lunatics.

The pond they all had a dip in looked tempting though.

MiffyMoo and Lurcherlad like this.
  6. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou PetForums VIP

I'm off out shortly. I never change my walking habits even in the hot weather. We just make sure we stop for short breaks and find some shade etc.

Blitz likes this.
  7. ouesi

ouesi Guest

Okay, I have to ask :) What's "too hot"? :D

spotty cats likes this.
  8. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I dont think its so much the temperature, but the fact it goes up very quickly, for a short period of time (we'll get a week to ten days over temps over 25c) and we dont get the chance to acclimatise to it.

Some of us suffer as soon as it goes over 15c lol.

MiffyMoo likes this.
  9. Dogloverlou

Current weather here is 75F. Not to hot for me or the pooches at the mo but Saturday is about 80F so might be starting to push it a bit then ( for the dogs that is. For me it's my idea of heaven :D )

10. Rott lover

Rott lover once you go black and tan you never come back

lol we are barely making it to 75 during the day.Plus we are dodging tons of rain drops these days.

11. ouesi

ouesi Guest

Ha ha! We were a cool 64 (Fahrenheit) this morning, but most of this week it hasn't gotten below 70 so OH even had to put on a sweatshirt this morning :D Dogs didn't even pant.
    We've been hitting the 90's since April...

spotty cats and MiffyMoo like this.
  12. Rott lover

what area are you in again ? we are in wisconsin.most days it has been mid to upper 60 degrees

13. Dogloverlou

I think it's as @Nonnie said though, we're just not acclimatised to the hot weather when it arrives and it's very temperamental too. For example, next week it drops right back down to about 63 as average daytime temps. We're not used to extended periods of heat :( As you say, you've had temps in the 90's since April and are of course used to it. Temps like that are very rare here!

Katalyst likes this.
  14. ouesi

ouesi Guest

South east. We've had the AC on since late April. March and April get fun because you start the day needing to defrost the car and end the day needed AC in the car :D

Katalyst and MiffyMoo like this.
  15. jamat

jamat PetForums VIP

Think of me when i have to do my 35 minute London tube trip home in this heat :(

MiffyMoo and Bob Ford like this.
  16. Rott lover

we had that last week.Woke up at 60 and had to turn ac on to sleep and freezing in the morning.

17. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I have always walked as normal. I took the dogs in the woods today and Candy is feeling the heat as I forgot to bring the clippers and black woolly dog is not a good combination. It seemed to be affecting her COPD a well as she coughed and choked a lot.

18. Dogloverlou

Ok, temp has either increased or I read it wrong. Car outside temperature was reading 27C which is just above 80F.

19. Canine K9

Canine K9 Bailey Woof

According to the weather app on my phone, it's 80-85F here right now. We went out this morning at 7:30am, going back out at 7pm.

20. Dogloverlou

I just went out for a short walk with Cash, but left Missy & Ty at home. Managed to stand under the only shaded area of the field and play fetch for a short while.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice