Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Oh Norman.....

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by mimi g, Jul 4, 2009.

1. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

Well im not speaking to Norman this morning.

Last night abut 10pm we were watching a film but I realised that the thermostat to my new snake (who I am quarantining from my others in the lounge) was not flashing.
    Its in an ackward corner so I shoved my hand down to try push the plug in to see if that was the prob and got a really painful electric shock up my arm.
    On inspection we found 2 chewed wires courtesy of you know who......:eek:hmy:

My OH who isnt normans biggest fan anyway then had to sit and rewire stuff at 10pm last night and was not happy at all.

2 weeks after his op and he if anything is getting worse, I just hope this is the peak before he starts to chill out abit because there is no relaxing when norman is around at the min he is a monster and trying my patience.

I agree I should have protected the wires but he hasnt chewed anything before and we thought we had moved them to where he couldnt reach - obviously not!

He is so daft when I talk to him and tell him off he gets a really worried look on his face and follows me around really close wondering whats up with mummy - she is making alot of noise! x

2. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Awww Normi.... I was thinking I havnt heard any Oh Norman stories for a while! He was trying to welcom the new snake into the family!

3. toddy

toddy PetForums Senior

Unfortunately chewing does not get better with castrating and house rabbits can be so destructive.You do need to be careful of any wires or you could end up with a dead rabbit.

4. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

We really did think they were out of his way. All our other wires are out of the way! He has never chewed anything before.....most of his naughtiness is other things! X

5. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

whaaaaaaaaaat????? I was told it would help? If that is the case, Pepsi will have to go outside :(

6. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

Spray stop chew everywhere and protect all wires!
    I sprayed stop chew before I even brought Norman home and never had an issue - I top it up every few weeks! The wires thing is something he has never had chance to do before but looks like given the opportunity he will have a go so these are now out of his way! x

7. Lisa Franklin

Lisa Franklin PetForums Junior

Harry chewed through some of our wires when he was younger, now whenever he is in the house we have to block off all the places he can get to wires, bit of a pain but worth it for all of us. :)

8. Gobaith

Gobaith PetForums VIP

Aww, i hope he starts being a good boy soon!

Chloe x

9. frags

frags PetForums VIP

as much as normi is a naughty boy, i love hearing about his little nautiness days lol he is such a character :D

10. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

Every day is a naughty day for Normi! LOL...

Wel OH put his foot down and he said he either has a cage or he goes in the garage so went to p@h and got the biggest dog crate and added a shelf. I was worried about jailing him but he has taken to it better than I have. He even sprawls out all sleepy on his shelf which I rarely seen him do.
    Although I did come down this morn and his litter tray was all over the base of the crate...im not sure if he was having a tamtrum or was trying to binky around and knocked it everywhere.
    He is out whenever I am home and only gets locked up when I am at work and in bed. Im going to start coming home at lunch to let him out to! But he looks tiny in the cage so I think he has enough room!

In one way it is nice to have my kitchen back abit because his stuff was everywhere. x

11. umber

umber PetForums VIP

awwww sounds like you have made him his own private pad lucky bun!

12. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

LOL I like that! X

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice