Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Oh noes!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Inca's Mum, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Swine flu is in my household now, damnit. Not able to protect myself any longer. Guess it won't be too long until I get it myself. I'll be sure to write a little diary on how it affects me for you all!
    Anyone else had it yet?

:sneaky2::huh:

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Yep, I was diagnosed last night! A lot of people on here have it :(

3. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

facebook says i might have it but other than that i dont seem to have all the symptoms yet ;)

4. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Facebook told me 'I'm not ill at all'...haha. But it's just a matter of time I guess. Anybody taking Tamiflu? The nurse who my mum rang about my sister said that most people where I live are managing on Paracetamol because Tamiflu has some side effects: Diarrhoea, vomiting, stomach cramps and headaches. I mean, it's just going to make the flu worse (or feel worse). I'm so not wanting to take it (I'm ashmatic) and she advised that anyone with asthma, unferlying health, blah blah should probably take them T_T
    Anywhooo, hope anyone with it gets well as soon as xx

5. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Hope you manage to avoid it - but as 1 in 3 of us are probably going to catch Swine Flu over the winter I doubt you will.
    Take good care of youself.

6. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

OH no!

ive heard parocetomol is doing the job too.
    i was feeling really bad about 3 weeks ago, i put it down to a summer cold, but looking back i honestly think it could have been swine flu, started off with a poorly tummy and a fever, and lead into a cold. i had it for a week, and i just took paros.

7. animallover111

You might be lucky and not catch it.......my daughter had swine flue 6 weeks ago.....she then passed it onto me two weeks ago ......but my son has not caught it and the hospital told us he cant catch it now.......well not from me or my daughter anyway......

8. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

your son might be a carrier, he will carry the germ from you and your daughter and take it to someone else. my bro in law is a carrier, he never gets ill, but he makes everyone else ill lol

9. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

it sucks hot and cold sweats not nice :( i mainly feel like ive been run over by a bus then trampled on by a rhino everything hurts and i am soooo tired i mean i was up at 8 this morning and now i feel like ive been up for hours :(

ive not bothered with the tamiflu either mainly because i dont want the side effects as im a stay at home mum with two children so although i feel like crap i can veg on the sofa on normal drugs without them causing me any extra ickyness!

10. animallover111

That would be just typical of Jack making everyone else poorly while he is ok.......:rolleyes:...mind you i would rather be poorly than Jack :)

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Why was I given tamiflu? I have asthma :eek:

I'm still being sick but the side effects I already had anyway so I'll carry on using it.

12. MarisStella

MarisStella PetForums Junior

I'm sorry to hear that - I hope everyone on hear with Swine Flu gets well soon!

My mum has it :frown5: ... she only lives a couple of streets away, so I went to see her on Monday for a coffee. She hadn't told me she was ill, I just went round to find her coughing and sneezing all over the place, and she has a really bad chest infection with it too. She hasn't been tested as my GP don't do that anymore, but seeing as she's a nurse... well, it doesn't take a genius to figure out where she got it from!:idea:

As for me? So far, so good, although part of me was wishing she would cough and sneeze my way:D:D!! (Is that really wrong? Like a lot of other people - I'd rather get it now that later on, especially as I have Chronic Kidney Disease)

Only time will tell, but in the meantime, get well soon!

xxx MarisStella xxx

13. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Maybe I am a carrier, but this morning my mum was sniffing and coughing so hmmph. I totally won't cook for my house if everyone gets ill :cursing: They'll just get bread and jam haha. I had a sniffle this morning but it's totally gone now. I always get sniffly at night I was worried last night and I started crying :001_tt2: Probably why I had a sniff haha :idea:.
    Good thing that I have 2 days left of school, then I have all summer to get sick.
    MY SISTER IS SPREADING HER GERMS EVERYWHERE. I don't even think she has it that bad. She was in bed all day yesterday, but today she's up and about, on the xbox, and now she's already making herself some tea. That was a bit short!
    Anyway, shall keep you updated :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice