Oh Fleur I thought you'd notice.

Don't you think he's struggling?

That is him walking up hill.
Once he hits the top he walks like this :D

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
When there is another video to compare it's a bit easier :p

He's definately striding out better in the 2nd video - although it looks like he 'throws' his leg at the end.

·
Registered
12,925 Posts
I thought he looked great in both :eek:

distracted by his lovely handsome face though I think

certainly better than Willow's today, walking like she's 100 years old at the moment, poor wee girl, hopefully she will get used to the drugs soon, seen the vets twice already this week.

·
Still missing my boys
42,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought he looked great in both :eek:

distracted by his lovely handsome face though I think

certainly better than Willow's today, walking like she's 100 years old at the moment, poor wee girl, hopefully she will get used to the drugs soon, seen the vets twice already this week.
That's got to be so hard to watch.

I'm sure I've heard that once the drugs are sorted they lead a near to normal life most of the time.
How old is she now?

Is it anywhere in her breeding?

·
Registered
12,925 Posts
That's got to be so hard to watch.

I'm sure I've heard that once the drugs are sorted they lead a near to normal life most of the time.
How old is she now?

Is it anywhere in her breeding?
Not that I know of, I admit I havent told her breeder yet, I talk to her about 3 times a year. I feel as though I will be pointing a finger as such and I dont want it to come across like that. Willow comes from a very popular sire, so really hope it is not from his side, I would probably find more info on a goldie forum I guess.

Willow will be three on 21st November.
Like you say when she gets used to them it should be okay, at the moment she is so sedate and ataxic its awful
She also has a bad gastro infection at the moment, which vet says is unrelated but I just think its too much of a coincidence really .
Yesterday she refused her dinner, obviously i rung the vets straight away so thats where we have been last two nights.

·
Still missing my boys
42,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not that I know of, I admit I havent told her breeder yet, I talk to her about 3 times a year. I feel as though I will be pointing a finger as such and I dont want it to come across like that. Willow comes from a very popular sire, so really hope it is not from his side, I would probably find more info on a goldie forum I guess.

Willow will be three on 21st November.
Like you say when she gets used to them it should be okay, at the moment she is so sedate and ataxic its awful
She also has a bad gastro infection at the moment, which vet says is unrelated but I just think its too much of a coincidence really .
Yesterday she refused her dinner, obviously i rung the vets straight away so thats where we have been last two nights.
Horrid just horrid for you :(

·
Life is Golden
3,719 Posts
Not sure as difficult to tell from that video....but maybe looked to be favouring his front left as we look at him...but hard from this view.

But still a sprightly chap;)

·
Still missing my boys
42,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure as difficult to tell from that video....but maybe looked to be favouring his front left as we look at him...but hard from this view.

But still a sprightly chap;)
There was nothing wrong with him :eek:

He was just struggling up a hill :)

This thread has backfired on me :(

It was supposed to be lighthearted ;)

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
There was nothing wrong with him :eek:

He was just struggling up a hill :)

This thread has backfired on me :(

It was supposed to be lighthearted ;)
Well I thought he was fine, ;) just an old fella walking up a hill.

Good job no-one videos me going up hill, I'd be carted off for the injection if anyone saw that. :eek: :lol:

Actually your Alfie looks and walks bloody fantastic for all he's been through.

·
Still missing my boys
42,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh you had me there then....thats why I watched it 10 times and struggled to see much wrong:hand:
Well I thought he was fine, ;) just an old fella walking up a hill.

Good job no-one videos me going up hill, I'd be carted off for the injection if anyone saw that. :eek: :lol:

Actually your Alfie looks and walks bloody fantastic for all he's been through.
:D :D :D :D

His knee joint is huge now though :(

Sometimes it's almost 3 times the size of the other one :(

Don't stop the little bugger though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
What do you think is wrong with Alfie? ;)

VIDEO
Hes not going as fast as Ive seen him go in other videos, but cant see any particular signs of limping or anything. Was it a more challenging ground like boggy or not on the flat?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.