Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Oh No........

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by trixiemixy, Feb 2, 2012.

1. trixiemixy

trixiemixy Guest

My mum has been having loads of problems with headaches, eye problems, shoulder pains and now she has little use of her right arm.

She was referred for an MRI which she had today at 2pm, by quarter past she knew the results. She has a 6" mass on her spine (bottom of her neck top of the spine) which she has to have removed, but their not sure how they are going to remove because of where it is (it's touching all the nerves) :eek:.

They are convinced it is just a fatty mass but they won't know for sure until they remove it and have it biopsied :yikes:

Sorry for posting it's just because I'm sooooooooo worried :(

#1 trixiemixy, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2012
  2. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

I can understand you are worried, it will be a very delicate operation, removing it without damaging any of the nerves.
    On the other hand, the fact that it is rather fatty may be an advantage, as they may be able to suck it away from around the nerves, rather than cut it.
    It would be like a form of liposuction. And remaining bits of fat may possibly also be washed away with acidic fluid...

A very solid tumour intertwined with the nerves would probably pose a greater problem......

3. xgemma86x

xgemma86x PetForums VIP

I didn't want to read and run so just wanted to say hope your mum is ok. Will keep her in my thoughts and prayers xxx

4. MinnieMalachy

MinnieMalachy PetForums Member

Sorry to hear about ur mum.

Really hope it turns out to be a simple op.

Sendin get well wishes x

5. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

fingers crossed when they open her up they will be able to remove it without too mush hassle..scans and xrays are not always 100% accurate! lso hoping it is just a fatty mass as the docs have said..i can understand why your worried x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice