Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

oh no

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lizzyboo, May 11, 2010.

1. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

pogus dogus doesnt like the new food i got for him. after tearing my brains out and a lot of advice from you lot, i decided to go with wainwrights.

he chomped it down the 1st couple of times but he has started to look at me now as if to say 'whats this you have put before me' :lol: he picks all his other food out and eats that, then puts the kibble on the floor :lol:

going to try putting a little water with it to soften the kibble... i wonder if its too hard for his little teeth x

2. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

What flavour did you get? Maybe take it back and change it for a different flavour?

Be careful tho, he could be thinking hey up, if I hang it out something better may come along and then you end up down the slippery slope that I went down. If he started off liking it and now isnt so sure - could be what's going on. Never straight forward is it?? Little menances:eek:

3. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

i got him the salmon and potatoe one.. never once thinking hang on a min he has only had a meat taste diet :) i did take it back and swap it and now we have the turkey and rice one....... and two free samples form vitalin!!!!

4. Mama Sass

Mama Sass PetForums Senior

We tried the salmon and potato first with Basil and he did the same thing! So we went for the turkey and rice and have never looked back, he absolutely loves it!

He has dried food during the day and then I give him some of the tinned Wainwrights for his tea. He absolutely loves the tinned stuff and I was worried that he would just want that and not eat the dried, but so far we've had no probs.

It cost us a fortune trying all these different foods but I am glad we stuck with Wainwrights...Basil looks great on it and his tummy has never been better.

:)

5. borderer

borderer Guest

he will eat it when he gets hungry:D

6. Maz&Oozy

Maz&Oozy PetForums Member

I have the same for my lad, dry WainWright and also the plastic tray meat one both Turkey and Rice and my lad loves it

7. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

Trouble is if you change it too often he will play games and learn that if he refuses to eat you give him something different! They are very clever like that! I just add a little warm water and offer it. They usually go for that then. I would put the food down and whatever he hasn't eaten after 15 minutes take up and don;t offer again until the next meal time. He will soon learn to eat when fed and not to be too fussy!

Sorry if i sound harsh but i learnt the hard way many years ago with a dog who's food i had to change nearly daily as he would refuse to eat and it was all because i gave in when he was a pup and so i have never done it again and mine are all great eaters now, Matrix has a little wet food and water mixed with his and the other 2 have theirs completely dry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice