Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Oh no I've spotted a bully for sale

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Kirstyrebe, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Kirstyrebe

Kirstyrebe PetForums Member

On pets 4 homes he's 7 months not far from me and she's selling due to having a baby, do I? Don't i? Would it be good for Ronnie remember he's 5 months. The bully 'rocco' has been around her 4 yr old too so he is used to children also she said he's very good with her, I keep umming and arhhing ... Help?

2. Lauren5159

Lauren5159 Lover of Terriers, loser of the plot.

I would take everything said on those ads with a pinch of salt. You just never know.

At the end of the day, she's trying to sell her dog... Bit I know what you mean. I'm constantly looking and constantly um'ing and ah'ing :)

3. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

Your puppy is too young to add another puppy whi is just entering adolescense. The other day your pup was chewing everything in the house except his toys, can you imagine that x 2? It would be enough to drive even the nicest even tempered person completely insane :p

4. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

If he's fine with kids then why is she ridding him cos of another baby?

Hate people like that. I know of people who have children, puppies and a full time job - whilst I appreciate not all people can deal with that, I still think people should think their decisions through before getting a dog or having a baby. And having a baby is not an accident - you have sex you get pregnant, no contraception is 100% effective.

Sorry - rant over.

Can you deal with two pups that will be adolescents soon?
    Growing into their hormones may mean fighting, marking and most definitely means being pains in the backsides at times.
    Do you have time to take them out separately and work on individual issues?
    Can you afford them?

Ultimately it is up to you.

5. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

I'd be very suspicious of anything said in those ads. If they've got a 4 yr old then why will another baby matter if the dog is good with kids?

I know how tempting it is when you see a dog given away for peanuts, especially bullies that could fall into the wrong hands.

Could you contact a local rescue and get them to contact the woman? That way she'd have peace of mind that the dog would get a home check and not just go to someone who 'seems nice enough'. That's if she's bothered who the dog goes to...

People irritate me :mad:

6. Gemmaa

Gemmaa PetForums VIP

Bradley appears to be in a teenage phase at the moment and I'm having to go right back to the very beginning with him, because at the moment he seems to forgotten everything (conveniently)...I can't think of anything worse than two young Bulldogs playing dumb at the same time :001_unsure:.

Ultimately up to you though, and if you feel you could cope with it :).

7. Alice Childress

Alice Childress PetForums VIP

Your pup is just about to hit the teenage stage, this dog is most likely already in the teenage stage. It is a recipe for disaster to be completely honest.

8. Kirstyrebe

Right! Lol thank you all so much for your input, I wrote this thread to see if I need a good slap in the face and be brought back down to earth haha, yes Ronnie does try and chew I can deal with that, two of them maybe maybe not, I can easily afford another bully that would not be an issue, but yes your right the teenage years.... See this is why I posted you lovely people to tell me the realities ;)

9. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

I was offered a 2 yr old mini long haired Dachshund last week, it took every bit of will power to decline, but it's just not the right time. I would love another when youngest grandson is at school , I think Tango would like the company too.
    Hard, isn't it, but the right one will come along when you're ready.

10. Kirstyrebe

It is so hard, I am a huge dog lover! Ronnie is so much company for me I get brilliant cuddles and he always seems so grateful. I'd have a whole kennels of pooches of all breeds if I could. Indoors of course ;)

11. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

I would be very worried about two entire males, both not far off sexual maturity.

Sometimes, it can work, but often they can begin fighting.

Overall, it's not something I would risk.

12. Thorne

Thorne PetForums VIP

The amount of time I spend looking at Bullys on sites like preloved is higher than it should be! Found one I knew being flogged on there once and it broke my heart that I couldn't give him a home :crying: I do worry about them because they seem to be so commonly sold on as a commodity.

But I do agree with what others have said; Ronnie is not far from the adolescent stage that most dogs go through and adding another youngster to the mix could well be too big a handful! Plenty of time to add another in the future after all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice