Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Oh no, I think I've overdosed my daughter's lovely kittens with Panacur paste!

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by lady_r0gue, Jul 22, 2009.

1. lady_r0gue

lady_r0gue PetForums Senior

I have phoned the supplier and searched online, and I think they'll be fine -
    I just bought panacur paste 18.75 % for the first time - I didn't notice the locking device til after using it :( the paste shot out surprisingly quickly and I have at best double-dosed; at worst the smallest kitten (about 1kg) could have had 5 x the recommended dose.
    It looks like the new tube has now been pushed in to the 2nd full graduation (on the top) - after dosing two kittens, but it's hard to tell how much has been used. Can anyone describe to me how much half a graduation looks like?
    Also got to admit I am guessing their weight at 1 kg... how much should a 10 week kitten weigh? cos apparently if the kitten weighs 1.1 -2kg the dose doubles anyway. I think I was probably panicking about nothing when I started writing this post - but if anyone would like to scold me for not having weighed them or preferably put my mind at rest regarding the Evilness of Panacur paste, that'd be grand :001_smile:

2. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

My boy weighs 1.2 KG and gets 2 graduations of panacur for that.

3. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Did they take it all in ?

Did the supplier said it would be okay ? I think I would call my vet just incase.

4. shortbackandsides

shortbackandsides PetForums VIP

dont worry its very hard to "overdose"on wormers,you would have to give vast amounts:) better to over than under i always say:) they may have the runs briefly,

5. lady_r0gue

Thanks ppl :) looking at it I think the little girl was at worst double dosed... and I think that the boy probably got the right amount. guess I'll find out tomorrow how much I was out by, when I give them the CORRECT dose using the locking mechanism (which I think wasn't very well explained, and should be at the closed end to start with...:cursing:)
    The supplier said that it should be fine as there is a very high safety margin on the product -
    The only annoying thing is that now the mittens are asleep, so we'll probably worry about them until they wake up and have their "crazy time"...

6. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

aha ;) should shop at my work!
    My boss is very good at explaining it and always puts the locking mechanism at the right part ready for the first dose!

7. lady_r0gue

and thanks for the pic rachh - I think the kittens are a similar size to McGee - it just looked so much when I gave it to the little girl - like a portion of toothpaste! yeh from all accounts they'd need an awful lot to get sick from it tho *phew*

8. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

Yeah :p They'll be fine.
    McGee's face when we did his was hilarious haha! Rabiesss!!

9. lady_r0gue

YaY * finally they woke up, purred a lot and ran to eat the rest of their food. And their litter tray isn't any more unholy than usual, so all ok :) thanks everyone

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice