UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have phoned the supplier and searched online, and I think they'll be fine -
I just bought panacur paste 18.75 % for the first time - I didn't notice the locking device til after using it :( the paste shot out surprisingly quickly and I have at best double-dosed; at worst the smallest kitten (about 1kg) could have had 5 x the recommended dose.
It looks like the new tube has now been pushed in to the 2nd full graduation (on the top) - after dosing two kittens, but it's hard to tell how much has been used. Can anyone describe to me how much half a graduation looks like?
Also got to admit I am guessing their weight at 1 kg... how much should a 10 week kitten weigh? cos apparently if the kitten weighs 1.1 -2kg the dose doubles anyway. I think I was probably panicking about nothing when I started writing this post - but if anyone would like to scold me for not having weighed them or preferably put my mind at rest regarding the Evilness of Panacur paste, that'd be grand :001_smile:

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ppl :) looking at it I think the little girl was at worst double dosed... and I think that the boy probably got the right amount. guess I'll find out tomorrow how much I was out by, when I give them the CORRECT dose using the locking mechanism (which I think wasn't very well explained, and should be at the closed end to start with...:cursing:)
The supplier said that it should be fine as there is a very high safety margin on the product -
The only annoying thing is that now the mittens are asleep, so we'll probably worry about them until they wake up and have their "crazy time"...

·
Registered
761 Posts
aha ;) should shop at my work!
My boss is very good at explaining it and always puts the locking mechanism at the right part ready for the first dose!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and thanks for the pic rachh - I think the kittens are a similar size to McGee - it just looked so much when I gave it to the little girl - like a portion of toothpaste! yeh from all accounts they'd need an awful lot to get sick from it tho *phew*

·
Registered
761 Posts
and thanks for the pic rachh - I think the kittens are a similar size to McGee - it just looked so much when I gave it to the little girl - like a portion of toothpaste! yeh from all accounts they'd need an awful lot to get sick from it tho *phew*
Yeah :p They'll be fine.
McGee's face when we did his was hilarious haha! Rabiesss!!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
YaY * finally they woke up, purred a lot and ran to eat the rest of their food. And their litter tray isn't any more unholy than usual, so all ok :) thanks everyone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.