Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Oh No, Cat on 3 legs.

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by PawsandPurrs-Bridgnorth, May 11, 2010.

1. PawsandPurrs-Bridgnorth

PawsandPurrs-Bridgnorth PetForums Member

My little black cat Sooty (or Snotty if ur my 6 yr old) went missing for almost 48hrs and has come back on 3 legs :confused: Its one of his back legs he is holding up. Cant see anything in his paw and when I checked it for movement he growled at me. Which he never does.

So off to the vets at 10.20 for us. Luckily he is insured.

Any idea guys? Do you think he maybe could of strained a mucsle or something? He's very depressed about the whole thing, hate seeing him like that :(

Gina

2. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

I'm not sure what this could be, could have maybe been some cruel idiot from the neighbourhood or pretty much anything, hopefully the vet can tell you more. Keep us updated on progress. Hope he is ok.

3. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

too many things for what it could be. Fingers crossed its nothing too serious. Good luck at the vets x

4. tagalong

tagalong PetForums Senior

9 ties out of 10 it will be a cat fight wound abscess -we used to see it often at the surgery I worked at -normally almost nvisible puncture wounds which very quickly turn nasty.
    Hope all goes well at vets.

5. dharma66

dharma66 PetForums Senior

Any news yet?

6. PawsandPurrs-Bridgnorth

Thanks guys.

Tagalong you were right. He has 2 wounds on the back of his left hind that have absessed. Caused by cat bites. The vet tried to get some pus out but nothing would come out.

He is on anti biotics and has to have his wounds cleaned twice a day in salt water. The vet advised me to keep him in my big dog crate until Thursday when he will be back at the vets and assesed. I think this is to keep him quiet and reduce the risk of infection. If he is no better by thursday then they will x ray him.

Poor little mite :( He has stopped meowing at me know and has setteled down. He can come out this eve for cuddles :)

Thanks
    Gina.

7. tagalong

tagalong PetForums Senior

Hopefully once antibios kick in he will start to get better 9-hopefully won't need an xray -but they can be stubborn to clear so try to keep the wound as open as you can to allow any pus that is there to drain away.

8. PawsandPurrs-Bridgnorth

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice