Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Oh my little Precious..

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sketch, Jun 2, 2010.

1. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

I have been doing heel work with Rayden in the garden since i got him, just getting him to follow, working on his focus etc, along with the basics on and off...
    Well my little Dark warrior is a little diamond, he has walked with me to town, 5 minutes away, beautifully, the odd twirl, then walks again. Dont get me wrong he doesnt heel like he is in crufts or anything, lets not get excited lol, but he walks nicely sniffing the air, and he has been in the fancy dress shop, the petshop, he tried to go in the cafe, typical Rayden, knows where the food is lol.
    But he has walked so well for a 12 week old pupster, nothing has phased him, even the road works the top of the street didnt scare him, amazing what a pocket full of kibble can do.........What a lovely walk.
    Took ages because he has been stroked by everyone, and man does he like the attension ha ha
    xx

2. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Go Rayden :thumbup:. You know we need many pictures/videos of this heeling

3. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Bless him!! It's amazing how quick they learn. My Norris's recall is spectucular!!! I've never had a young dog learn so quickly it's pretty much instant...now he's also learn to return the ball and even drops it at my feet which even Sidney my superstar doesn't do!!!!:thumbup: Lets hear it for good puppies and smug owners!!!:lol:

4. michaelasi

michaelasi PetForums VIP

yep go puppy go , come one give us a video mum of 4

5. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

He's a little superstar :thumbup:
    Clever boy :)

6. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

Let me tell you I have had my fair share of strife, Dalton was evil on the lead, libby fearful lol....
    I think with raising four, i have used what i have learn with each one, so its made life easier with Rayden if that makes sense.
    If only I knew then what I know now with Dalton there would of been less tears ha ha, some but less
    xx

7. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

See I've not learnt!! Sidney I forgot totally to lead train because I was living then on a farm and he would walk perfectly so was never on lead..even now he still chews the lead if I have to use one!!! And Norris it was only last week when I thought oh poop must try him on a lead...luckily being a whippetty lurcher he walks perfectly and couldn't care less!!

8. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

Jackie im jealous I would love to live on a farm and never have them on leads, you are so lucky, sidney you just have to love regardless...
    Norris, is just a little star isnt he, love all your woofers
    xx

9. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Sadly not there anymore...stupid ex making me have to sell. :mad: Nevermind we still have access to loads of lovely walks and hardly ever need to be on lead. Norris is a star I'm so lucky, starting to wander if it's the Bedlington connection between him and Sidney which is making them both such easy trainable loving dogs? Don't know much about beddies but definately need to find out more cos they are both so fab!!

10. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

Aw give them all cuddles from Aunty sarah, love them
    xx

11. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Thanks mate back to your gorgeous lot too.xxx

12. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

Aw Fankyou Jackie
    xx

13. dodigna

dodigna PetForums VIP

Bless him! What a star pupil!

I noticed this morning Ray needs a back to square one on the leash at the moment! He was walking so well before my OH took over looking after him during the day :mad:

14. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

Yeh they can revert back sometimes if someone else handles them Don, I usually walk mine, but if Kev does, he reverts back and i have stress for a day or two
    xx

15. michaelasi

michaelasi PetForums VIP

u know what , I have a problem with brew , when he is with me and Kia , he all most walks normal , but if I let him be walked by my Oh reverts back to pulling mad ...

Definitely it is something wrong with the other half's ,the dogs r fine but the ~Oh ...what the hell they r doing with them?

#15 michaelasi, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  16. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Dogs are very clever, they respect the pack leader....which obviously is us. :thumbup:

17. michaelasi

michaelasi PetForums VIP

Yeah I cant say the same about the OH :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

18. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Mine neither. He can't understand how I can get all 6 of them back at the same time...maybe cos he tries calling all their names and I just yell HERE GUYS!!!! :lol: He's not the brightest bless but comes in useful for heavy lifting and such. ;)

19. Kip

Kip PetForums Junior

He is gorgeous sketch. I have never bothered to train my Yorkie Teddy as we are told to by Crufts or KC but I do speak to him firmly when I want him to do something other dogs do or if he does something he shouldnt. They all learn eventually.

20. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

Thank you Kip, I think I am lucky with Rayden, but i also love training them too
    xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice