Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

oh my goodness....

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Tigerneko, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I know 'designer dogs' are a bit of a taboo topic on here, but I had to post this:

the 'Shug' - GSD x Pug ......surely that's a disaster waiting to happen? How on earth do they successfully cross that pair?

I was reading on some puppy farm website about Golden Retreivers being crossed with Cavaliers once and they had to artificially inseminate the bitches to get them in pup :rolleyes: so surely this must be the same?

And i'm not being harsh, but it's not even a 'nice' looking dog really, is it?

I do not want an argument starting over designer dogs, I just wanted to post this one because I couldn't believe it when I read it :eek:

Attached Files:

2. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

What an ugly dog, poor thing.

They are crossing pugs with anything now, its getting stupid. We regularly get emails from people who want to use my boy on their pom/beagle/crested etc etc.

3. rona

rona Guest

Grrrrrr :mad: That's all I'm saying

4. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

Looks like a proper Heinz 57. What a proper mix up of two beautiful breeds :(

5. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I think it is rather a nice looking mongrel! How ridiculous can you get to actually do it on purpose though.

6. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I hope you tell them where to go :(

it must be so frustrating when there are decent breeders like you out there who want to better the breed, and then these idiots come along wanting to breed their irish wolfhound with a chihuahua :rolleyes:

7. animallover111

There is nothing to say is there :mad: :cursing: :cursing:

8. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

Well, i do try to be tactful and send them a polite reply advising them that they would be best to find a good quality stud dog of the same breed and ensure everyone is health tested etc etc.

We dont offer our boy at stud anyway, mostly cos he's only young and not had his testing. So i imagine these people send emails round to any local pug owners/breeders :rolleyes: We've had the same with our labrador who is used at stud and i tend to use the same approach - try to be polite, but tell them that designer dogs are not really a good thing. I know if i was looking for a cross breed my first stop would be the local rescue centre! I have nothing against cross breeds at all, but people producing them just to rip new owners off who like the silly names... well, i cant say what i think of them ;)

9. clueless

clueless Banned

Unbloomin believable It is getting ridiculous now with the strange so called designer crosses

10. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Yeah, I feel the same really. Rescues are full of crossbreeds, so why not try there instead of paying extorsionate prices! Even breed rescues sometimes take in crossbreeds of their breed so it can be worth trying those too. I don't have anything against the designer dogs either, it's the people that breed them so irresponsibly :( even people who breed things like labradoodles, as long as both dogs are health tested and have good temperaments and healthy pedigrees, I don't really see the problem, it's just silly crosses like big dogs and little dogs, and irresponsible breeding that annoys me :(

11. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

oh its just getting ridiculous:mad: theyre just crossing everthing now & giving them stupid names to make a quick buck!! why dont the beeb do a program on this???

12. 2Hounds

2Hounds PetForums VIP

I think the dog is rather cute :) but i can't imagine why you'd breed one on purpose.

I don't really understand the whole designer dog craze anyway, if i wanted a crossbreed then i'd rather get a rescue than line someone's pockets and definately wouldn't pay the extortionate prices to go with the silly names.

13. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I know, they'll make stuff on pedigree breeds which people are trying to correct and better but nothing on these new breeds that can come with all sorts of health problems and shady backgrounds :(

it's like trying to cross a siamese cat with a lion..... just cos they're both cats, it doesn't mean they can breed!!

14. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

too right Portia!! they'll try anything if they think they have a market,i hate people who exploite animals :(

15. Nicci

Nicci Guest

For once, words fail me :(

16. Kinski

Kinski PetForums VIP

No such thing as an ugly dog, I had a friend who was looking for a cocker lab cross :rolleyes:, she couldn't find one :) and has now gotten herself a 9 week old lab who I'm just about to go and meet.

Terri

17. kayz

kayz PetForums VIP

Could this not cause some serious problems is the pug is the bitch? GSDs are big dogs especially compared to pugs.

18. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

The most interesting one I ever heard was lhamation lhasa apso/dalmation mix. It was an accidental mating the first time too.... how that happened I have no idea. The pug mixes are getting a little bit ridiculous

19. Dylan & Daisy

Dylan & Daisy PetForums VIP

All i can say is WHY??? :confused:

20. Varkhond

Varkhond PetForums Member

If it was a pug bitch, it surely had to be helped on the way. :(
    The dog its not that ugly though, the tail is out of place on a big shorthaired dog though. :p

Yeh puppyfarm or redneck backyard breeding, gotta love it... :cursing:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice