Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Oh My F*****g God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by srhdufe, Jul 2, 2009.

1. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

I went to get the cages and two syrian hammies today...

What can i say except OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! :eek:hmy:

First of all, she hadn't cleaned either of the hammies out for over two months!!! :eek:hmy: Although it looks like 6 months to me!

They had STRAW and HAY for the bottom of the cage! They had ripped newspaper for a nest. (some of it was dated 1st March!)
    The cages were a disgrace! They hadn't been fed since they were last cleaned out. There was a massive bowl (like a dog bowl) in the cage with food in it. As it was full, she didnt bother changing it. The water bottles were GREEN!! When i opened them they were black on the inside, on the screw bit.
    The older ham (She claims he's 4) was completely filthy. I thought he had wet tail he was so bad. I've had no choice but to give him a wash.
    Put it this way, the older one's cage was so bad it was rotting! There was so much pee in there it litterally run out of the cage when i tipped it to empty it :angry:

It took so long to clean it (over two hours!!) And that was only one of them!!!
    I will post pics when i charge my phone..
    I'm going to ring the RSPCA about her.. She has two dogs there.. I didn't see them but i dread to think what state they are in!

#1 srhdufe, Jul 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
    thedogsmother likes this.
  2. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I doubt the RSPCA will do much. They had food and water.

Did you take pics of everything how it was when you got them?

Thats terrible though :(

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I would report her. You have the pictures as evidence, and there is the welfare of the remaining animals to think of.

They are lucky you have taken them on. Fingers crossed they can recover well from such neglect.

4. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

thats terrible!

how can anyone do that to their pets!!

5. Akai-Chan

Akai-Chan Banned

Humans seem to suck at taking care of anything else that isn't human :( It's a sad fact to be honest. That's why there's people like us here to take care of the mess that the other people leave behind :(

Glad they've found a better home with you though :)

Peace
    Akai-Chan

6. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

This is horrible :(:(
    Another case of owners not caring about their little animals after getting bored im assuming.
    I'm glad they are in responsible hands now :) At least they can live the rest of thier days in a loving home after because with these irrisponsable people.

#6 shezzy, Jul 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  7. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

JESUS!:cursing:
    Why did they get them in the first place?? The poor hamsters, the place must have really smelt!!:( I dont enjoy cleaning my hammies out but i still do it and wash the whole thing out too!! what horrible pps!! there lucky they have u now, when u gave them a bath, i bet they were like '' HEY, wats this?? hmm i smell nice!! wow i like our new mom!!'':)
    The woman i baby sit for, got two guinea pigs for there 4 yr olds birthday, when ever i babysat the poor guinea pigs cage was filthy every time i went over ther, so id clean it out and feed them and give them fresh water, she told my sis that she loves when i come over cause i clean the cage out! I aksed her if she wanted them any more cause if she didnt i would take them! so she said i can have them! i have them over five months now,and there much happier, the day i brought them home i gave them a run in the grass, they loved the grass, dont think they ever saw grass before!!they were also very shy too but they know now that i care for them so they sqeek to me every morning and come right over to me:)

#7 Cavalierlover123, Jul 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  8. lau02

lau02 PetForums Member

That is horrible, its lucky you have them now .

9. CreativeLC

CreativeLC PetForums VIP

Thats awful, i hate people like that who don't care about the pets they choose to get.
    At least they have a good home with you now.

10. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Poor little things, at least they can start their new lives now, I would definately report her to the RSPCA, did she even seem to know that they were in a bad state?

11. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

Here's the horrible pics...
    The brown ham is almost identical to Leo.. He seems to be friendly but he did not like being washed.. hehe :D
    I had to put them in a small temp cage whilst i cleaned them out. The cages have cleaned up ok. Good enough to use for a few days anyway..

I haven't even looked at the other ham cages or the rabbit cage yet.. I dread to think what happened to the poor bunny!

Attached Files:

12. shortbackandsides

shortbackandsides PetForums VIP

Doesnt sound good,however if one is 4 he is on borrowed time now,thats a very good age:eek: he obviously hasnt suffered too much:)

13. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

TDM: She didn't care!!!!!

It shocked me how little she knew about hammies! She told me to get a "friend" for the younger ham to put in the cage with him so he didnt get lonely!! :eek:hmy:

I think she's off her trolley!!!!!!!!!
    I wanted to slap her! I still do... :mad:

Attached Files:

14. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

The sad thing is she probably didnt know she was doing anything wrong...otherwise she would have cleaned them before you got there. I think that is even more upsetting that people think it is acceptable :(

15. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

I think it's a lie.. He looks like a young ham to me.. No more than a year old i'm sure..

I put some proper hamster bedding in the cages and they looked, as if to say, whats that?! I fed them and they looked like they ahd never seen food they were that hungry! :(

Attached Files:

16. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

I had to go out and buy extra water bottles and bedding for the poor little things

Attached Files:

17. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

They were so dirty that it's taken a full bottle or pet cage cleaner! :mad:

Attached Files:

18. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

Poor things. Good for you taking them in and taking nice care of them.

19. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

Sorry for the ton of pics but i'm just so mad and upset

Attached Files:

20. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

oh my god thats disgusting!
    The little black and white one is adorable :eek:
    Glad we know they're safer with you x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice