UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So hopefully someone owns these two cuties one is a wire haired Pointer type dog female the other a male shaggy cutie pie. The male is friendly the female is thin and very shy. I hope the owner comes by as I have to leave them in the garage, the guy that found them in his yard had no where to keep them overnight and it is very cold tonight. So out came a kennel and lots a blankets, poor pooches they aren't very old maybe 5 to 8 months....

Attachments

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
Oh the poor little loves, that girlie does look thin and if that's the case I bet the other ones fur is hiding some under nourishment. Glad you're keeping them over night and they have food and warmth.

Hope the owners come forward although they don't seem properly cared for do they? Well done for your help, a guardian angel for these poor little mites! Good on you. :)

·
Registered
8,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The brown one is definetly thin could maybe be the age not sure. I would feel better if I could have them in the house where its warmer but at least they have shelter....Weird they both have short tails, cropped I think

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
They'll be fine in your garage even though I think your weather is likely far colder than here. Lovely blankets, food and each other is all they need for the night - they could've had to huddle together outside so I bet it's like staying at the Ritz being in you garage. ;)

·
Registered
8,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Malmum I couldn't just leave em outside we're expecting an ice rain storm tonight. If its anything like Wednesday it will awful, my car slid out of my driveway all by itself when it melted today....

Weather Warnings - Environment Canada

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Poor little dogs. It's not the weather for man or beast to be outside. I'm glad they met a kind person who would give them shelter and food. I agree they'll think a nice dry garage with blankets and food is bliss.

·
Banned
8,756 Posts
This shows how amazing you are jill :)

I hope the owner is found soon and they are snuggled up in a home. Until then your garage sounds lovely for them, i bet they wont want to leave.

·
Registered
20,337 Posts
There is probably a frantic owner searchng for them, I hope you manage to reunite them. Do dogs have to be chipped where you are. My sister lives in Canada and there seem to be a lot more regulations than here.
The thin dog could easily be age. At that age I would probably have been prosecuted for Toffee's body condition - but there was nothing I could do about it.

·
Registered
8,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have been thinking about the breed of the other one or the cross and I finally thanks to my GF know what was on the tip of my tongue. Looks like a wheaton or wheaton cross. All my dogs are chipped some are tattooed also. If the roads get better I will take them into town to be scanned. They have been out for a walk, fed breakfast and are snuggled down again. When mine go out back for awhile I'll let them in. Regs around here are if you live in the city the have to be licensed, you get a discount if they are fixed, a further discount if they are microchipped, discount on 1 dog if you are a senior....But I live in a hamlet no licenses here and the dog catcher doesn't even scan them....In the city the animal shelter is closed until further notice due to a respiratory outbreak that the vets can't figure out been 2 weeks now. I will take further pictures and you guys can give me your ideas on breeds....The pointer one is quickly coming around jumped up for a hug....made me smile

·
Registered
23,250 Posts
Fingers crossed someone comes for them soon. Pointers aren't that common and the floofy chap looks well groomed so hopefully they have an owner looking for them.

·
Registered
8,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well called all the rescues and or emailed them and the animal shelters around the area, then started on vets. I used the I live in the country method, my vet first then the next country vet...As soon as I mentioned the breeds the 2 nd vet recognized the male as being recently neutered and when I mentioned the pointer she said I know those people I will call them. They are now home and very happy, the lady said my daughters at school she will be so happy, we were so sure that the coyotes had got them and she was so upset...You made our day...Thank you thankyou thank you...They made my day truth be told to help reunite someone who really cares about their animals...priceless

·
Registered
8,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Aww bless them, i hope someone is looking for them.

What's the abandoned/ rescue situation like where you are ?
all our local rescues are full with the shelter being closed down for 2 weeks....But to be honest they bring in alot of dogs from the states and mexico, I'm a believer in take care of your own first

·
Registered
8,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Wheaton is a purebred 7 months old just fixed 2 to 3 weeks ago, the Pointer is also a purebred but boy was I out on the age she is about 8 years old lol and fixed, has always been on the thin side but healthy according to the vets office

·
Still missing my boys
42,329 Posts
Well called all the rescues and or emailed them and the animal shelters around the area, then started on vets. I used the I live in the country method, my vet first then the next country vet...As soon as I mentioned the breeds the 2 nd vet recognized the male as being recently neutered and when I mentioned the pointer she said I know those people I will call them. They are now home and very happy, the lady said my daughters at school she will be so happy, we were so sure that the coyotes had got them and she was so upset...You made our day...Thank you thankyou thank you...They made my day truth be told to help reunite someone who really cares about their animals...priceless
Well done.

It's always nice when the dogs go back to somewhere they are loved :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.