Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Oh LIBBY!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by ewelsh, Sep 30, 2013.

1. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

As you know I am packing up ready to move, I had to order cardboard boxes would you believe, as they are like gold dust with the local retailers :rolleyes:

So after hours and days of packing all very neatly, I proudly watch my boxes pile up like neat little solders...
    Front room nic naks in one pile, guest room nic naks in another pile etc etc... I had labels for each room so I could remember what goes where,,,

Libby some time last night, thought it would be great fun to scatter my labels around... :mad2:

Now I have piles of boxes but have no idea which is which.... and the boxes all look the same.....

also I had all the big furniture marked again with labels held on with blue tac stating what piece goes in what room for the delivery men and she has knocked them all off too..

Shall I leave her behind?

2. Sophiebee

Sophiebee PetForums VIP

Im sure she was just checking them for you and forgot to put them back ;) or maybe she was looking for the box labelled 'cat toys' :D

Good luck with moving, im dreading the time ill have to do it with loki in tow, i just know he'd want to 'help' !!

3. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Libby did all of that :confused: Really :confused: Sweet, innocent, playful little Libby ;)
    Very organised of you E :thumbsup: I did all of that when I moved here and the bloomin removal men just dumped most of the stuff in one room :mad: I couldn't move for boxes and just sat in the kitchen and cried :( See why I'm reluctant to move again?

4. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

Lynn I am beginning to wish I wasn't moving now!

I should be a pro at moving by now, goodness knows I've done it enough but I didn't have Libby then did I... :rolleyes:
    I'm still sanding down my post box thanks to Libby... She actually got in one of the bags where I was packing my duvets... I had it tied up the lot and if it wasn't for the bag wriggling around I would never have known she was in it...

Hubby back this week (perfect timing of course ) so he will take ALL my frustrations on board :D

5. catgeoffrey

catgeoffrey PetForums VIP

Libby was clearly checking you packed all her toys! :D
    We moved in June so I feel your pain! Good luck!

6. CharlieChaplin

CharlieChaplin PetForums VIP

:lol: :lol: O libby!! This story has cheered me up today! Bless her. Perhaps its time to permanently mark the boxes?

A cardboard shortage is a foot :eek: its cos they are all getting turned into beds and boxes for our fluffy ones!!

7. londongal796

londongal796 PetForums Senior

Oh wow, that is a really tough morning to get through as well! I can't imagine doing all of that work and then having it get swept away by a mad cat :nonod: You must have the patience of a saint!!

8. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

No you will not!!!

You will send her to Moggy Towers as you have been instructed to do on many occasions!!!

I cannot believe what that poor, gorgeous young kitty has to put up wth, living with you.

Never got a good word to say about her have you????? :mad:

There is a nice little space available for her at Moggy Towers where she will be adored and appreciated with no slanderous comments being made upon her fine character. :D :D :D :D

9. Cookieandme

Cookieandme PetForums VIP

Libby was just proving what a silly idea blue tac was :D If little Libby knocked off the labels so easily just think what the burly removals men would have done. :tongue:

10. dagny0823

dagny0823 PetForums VIP

I'm sorry, but I'm giggling so hard here! Libby and her cheeky antics always put a smile on my face.

As someone who has moved far too many times (9 times in the 13 years I've had Henry and Ellie, poor dears) and who won't be moving again for a while (yay, home ownership!), try to embrace the sheer randomness of your boxes. I'm rather type A and I always moved like you. I even labelled my book boxes so I would know nearly down to the title what was in them. I would print out sheets to stick to the boxes listing pretty much every item. Then we had to put our stuff in storage while we moved into what we had hoped would be a really short term furnished rental. We were thinking maybe 4 months at the outside, but it turned into closer to 8 what with finding the right house, sorting the mortgage, dealing with 16 hour round trips to check on my ailing mother, etc. We kind of forgot what was in storage after a while, and I hadn't been very careful packing, because I thought we'd be seeing it again very shortly. Silly me. Anyway, when we got here, I just treated it like Christmas. Everything was a surprise. :tongue: And, of course, most importantly, if you are having a good time sorting through your things to figure out what goes where, then I'm sure it will add to Libby's fun, chasing you around and following you to see where you put the breakables. Clearly, Libby's enjoyment is top priority!!:biggrin5: :lol:

11. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

She's all yours, I'm sending her ON FOOT now. I hope you have a full cheque book cause your gonna need it. ;)

12. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

*Moggybaby SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELSSSS with happiness and rushes around the room in a state of pure joy.*

Look love, I've got your address. I'll be over to collect her within the hour!!!! :D

*Moggybaby is delighted that she will now have both the Forum Princess AND the Forum Baby!!!!* :thumbup:

:D :D :D :D

13. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

MoggyBaby look out for my new thread.. "OMG LIBBY"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice