Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Oh god this is all we need-help & advice pls :(

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ColliePower, Jul 29, 2009.

1. ColliePower

ColliePower PetForums Senior

Hi all

Along with my work crap and hating it here etc, my fiances just called me saying he was told he may be made redundant

He'll find out on Monday

What r we going to do? It looks a sure thing so im panicking how we going to be able to pay bills etc next month, he's going to go mad looking for another job but its v hard right now

Help :(

SeaThreePeeO likes this.
  2. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

join the club mate, we got told last week that oh's NEWLY ACQUIRED post is being made redundant.. we're not pleased he's only been in it two months after his last post (all in the same shitty charity) was made redundant.. why put him in a post that wasn't going to exist 4 months down the line??? MORONS. If any of there street folk shakes a money box at me for the next 2 months i will be biting their heads off. :cursing:

this is what...3 months after i was almost made redundant at my job :(

we find out middle of august who out of 3 people get the new job they're making in place of the 3 they're getting rid of.

fingers crossed for your OH!

3. ColliePower

Thanks hun

We are just so upset, im down enough cos of my job, we both suffer from depression as it is we dont need this, he hasnt been there that long, and we have bills out of ours ears..............this is all too much :cursing::mad:

4. rona

rona Guest

What does he do?

5. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

my oh is IT, he's been looking for jobs since he found out and found NONE he can do! when i was almost made redundant i had 1 interview and i was actually asked to come by the company itself (it was given to an internal application tho as expected). Even then there were only about 5 jobs i could apply for, i'm a secretary! so not exactly used to there being nothing to apply for.

my Oh is taking it quite hard which is understandable. I bet yours is just the same. It's well rough just now job wise.

Try and stay positive it might actually be a good thing in the long run you never know he might get something even better.

everything crossed for the two of you ! :wink5:

6. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I am so sorry :( if he's laid off get onto job centre straight away!!

7. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

teh job center is PANTS! they only have the dregs of society jobs, i haven't applied for ajob on their site in over 10 years, even tho i've looked 6 times in the last 3!

Reed.co.uk, clickajob and other such online agencies are the best way of doing it..i even advocate monster.. not to search on cos their system is rubbish but i have posted my cv on there and had a few headhunters asking me in for interview from that. Always put your CV up on each 'agency' website and make it readable, you never know who's looking for what :D

8. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Thanks, I'm using job center to find a job :rolleyes: Nice to know I'm going to get a dreg job :001_tt2:

9. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

Calm down and take a deep breath.

Myself and Dh have been through this twice in the space of nine months. Both times without notice and both times without pay. DH had to claim for wages owed from The Insolvency Service, which takes between 6 and 8 weeks to process.

Here's what to do. Ring everyone you owe money to and explain the situation, you'll find them to be very understanding and they have payment plan available for times like this.

As soon as possible (after you find out if your OH has been made redundant) claim for all the benefits available to you. You have to do this asap because there's a back log of claims at the moment and it can take up to 10 weeks for them to be processed (that a worst case scenario)

Most all all remember, people cannot have money you don't have so don't panic over it and you will get through this.

Also moneysavingexpert.com has great advice for redundancy

10. ColliePower

:(
    Thanks so much hun!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for your help and advice

right ill make a list of things to do

My OH is furious upset and not coping well at all-im so worried:blushing:

hes signed up to reed and cv library already and can you tell me more about the benefits we're able to claim?

I understand our creditors have to understand we can only pay what we can, but what about the mortgage :eek:hmy: I cant pay it on my own

11. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

You can claim Job Seekers Allowance as well as Housing and Council Tax Benefit. Housing Benefit should at least help towards the cost of your Mortgage.

Just remember to keep everyone you owe money to up to speed. It is always a good idea to send everything discussed with them over the phone in a letter so both you and they have a record.

If you have creditors they will jst have to accept that you are unable to pay the usual monthly amount. They may not be happy about it and may send snotty letters, but remember there is very little they can do. The Mortgage is the most improtant creditor, everyone else will just have to wait in line.

My DH didn't cope well either, both times. He left betrayed, let down and useless. It is understandable and normal that your OH should have the same feelings also.

Other good recuritment sites are fish4jobs.co.uk and monster.co.uk

12. ColliePower

Thanks again hun, right, ill get writing tonight to the creditors hes completely low, not saying much but I know he feels so cut up :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice