UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I always have had to be honest. Bess always rolls on our walks but I don't mind as it only seems to be on grass and she's never been smelly afterwards.

So today on the sea wall walk, when she was rolling I didn't think much of it. Just waited for her to finish.

OH pointed and said 'what's that?' Well it looked like an empty litre size plastic bottle. ( you've got to understand that neither mine nor my OH's eyesight is that good. ). Anyway, as we got closer OH recognised it was a dead fish! We called Bess away, but the damage had been done. Dead fish stink is not nice.

Bess was on the flexi as we walked through a little park back to the car, and an old couple were sitting on a seat. Bess pulled towards them and we were about to pull her away when the woman said 'oh bless, she wants to say hello'. She obviously wanted to stroke her we let Bess go over and said 'don't touch her back, she's been rolling on a dead fish'. I don't think she heard as she was petting her all over and exclaiming what a lovely coat she had. OH said it was a smelly coat, and that statement sunk in. The woman said quickly 'I think it's time for you to go home now!' :D

I wonder how long she'll have to wait until there's somewhere she can wash her hands! :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
29,619 Posts
Dear Bess,
Welcome to the world of rolling in all things stinky, enjoy!!!
All the best,
Bob & Rogue xx

G

·
I think the worst so far was our next door neighbours dearly departed doggie when he rolled in a well rotted seal at the beach! :eek:

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
Dear Bess,

Please, I implore you, do not go down the unsanitary and unsavoury path of rolling in all things disgusting. You are still young enough to resist peer pressure and renounce that awful way of life.

I do hope that you give my advice some serious consideration,

Sir Kilo.

·
Banned
19,241 Posts
Well I always have had to be honest. Bess always rolls on our walks but I don't mind as it only seems to be on grass and she's never been smelly afterwards.

So today on the sea wall walk, when she was rolling I didn't think much of it. Just waited for her to finish.

OH pointed and said 'what's that?' Well it looked like an empty litre size plastic bottle. ( you've got to understand that neither mine nor my OH's eyesight is that good. ). Anyway, as we got closer OH recognised it was a dead fish! We called Bess away, but the damage had been done. Dead fish stink is not nice.

Bess was on the flexi as we walked through a little park back to the car, and an old couple were sitting on a seat. Bess pulled towards them and we were about to pull her away when the woman said 'oh bless, she wants to say hello'. She obviously wanted to stroke her we let Bess go over and said 'don't touch her back, she's been rolling on a dead fish'. I don't think she heard as she was petting her all over and exclaiming what a lovely coat she had. OH said it was a smelly coat, and that statement sunk in. The woman said quickly 'I think it's time for you to go home now!' :D

I wonder how long she'll have to wait until there's somewhere she can wash her hands! :rolleyes:
I thought you were talking about a Rolls Royce! Thought that was so pretentious posting about it on here.

Diva loves to roll but so far has not rolled in anything nasty. Couldn't you have taken her into the sea to wash off?

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought you were talking about a Rolls Royce! Thought that was so pretentious posting about it on here.

Diva loves to roll but so far has not rolled in anything nasty. Couldn't you have taken her into the sea to wash off?
No, she doesn't like the water. And I'm quite pleased she doesn't want to swim as I don't have to take a wet dog home in my car!

Had to give her a bath after the visitors went. The fish was very oily and it got right down to her skin. She smells lovely now - not that she thinks so! ;)

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I had my English Setter we came across a dead porpoise on the beach (for Pezance - it was at Mersey Island!). The porpoise had those rows of teeth, and though it was definitely dead, my dog was terrified of it in case it suddenly snapped it's jaws shut. He wouldn't go near it! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.