Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

oh dear, I think I just failed with that thing called "consitant training" lol

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sailor, Apr 12, 2011.

1. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

I just walked over to turn the radio off, ready to get the tv on and have an early night, when I noticed a black lump with a pair of sad eyes looking at me, from the end of my bed :rolleyes:

As I walked past the little monster, I heard a tail gently wagging and a little tongue licking lips anxiously :rolleyes:

I turned the radio off and turned back to face said monster and Sailor is there at the foot of my bed, looking really sheepish, glancing at me, then glancing at HIS bed under my desk :rolleyes:

I wanted to say "OFF, GO TO BED!" .....

BUT.......

I`m not sure what happened, but my inner softie, for the first time in 1 year and 2 months of owning Sailor, came out and let him get away with laying on my bed.
    I was pityful, I even fussed him and in a baby voice started to hear myself saying.... are you comfy on my nice fresh clean bed, you little monster, is it nicer than your bed eh .... I was even fussing his floppy chops and floppy ears :rolleyes: what has happened to my firm and stern nature and my normally impecable consitant training and boundaries :rolleyes:

Clearly, here we have a very good example of how it has taken Sailor a good 1 year and 2 months to fully break me in and become a sucker to his puppy eyes, shocking ... I thought I was doing soo well aswell

and guess where Sailor is right now, as I type this.... his still lay at the foot of my bed.... looking at me with sad eyes..... and the moment I look away from him, he flops down, stops looking at me and relaxes

Naughty me for being sucked into naughty Sailors ways :nono:

2. Rolosmum

Rolosmum PetForums VIP

LOL, bless him.

It took 3 weeks for my OH to let Rolo on the sofa, but we will never succumb to upstairs!

3. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

To be honest there is only so many times you can do the 'correct training' thing till you realise youre fighting a loosing battle and you realise you arent going to win this fight and the dogs are in charge ;).

4. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Haha took Oscar about six months to get from the kitchen to the landing, to my parent's bedroom, to actually getting into their bed! Didn't know my dad could be that easily swayed!!! :D

5. lucysnewmum

lucysnewmum PetForums Senior

and yet another owner achieves Gold Obedience Level!!!

:lol:

6. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

Well his allowed, in the kitchen, and in my bedroom, and the hallway between the both, but he isnt allowed in the frontroom often, especially not when we eat or have guests and under no circumstance is he allowed in the childrens bedrooms... my daughter has suffered with bad chests alot and my son... well his a teenager and I fear Sailor would get lost with everything else that enters his room and never comes out alive :rolleyes:

I love having him in my room under my desk as I work or sleep, but not on my bed lol I should put my desk down in the dining room, so he doesn`t spend as much time up here, but I love the view from this window :eek:

I have just thought of something, I bet he waits intil I am fast asleep before he jumps onto the bed, then jumps off before I wake... because well, he looks very comfy there, like his been there before :rolleyes: and this is him just upping the stakes.
    Luckily he curled up in a ball right at the foot of the bed tho, so the fur is contained, but he has been sent to his own bed to sleep and I`m going to keep one eye open tonight to look out for his sneaky antics the little monster

7. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

whoa, you were a stubborn one to train eh? :p OH was the one to crack i got up to go to the loo one night (tum woke up and whined once), came back and he was under the covers with OH!!! This only took him 4 days :D now if we don't shut him in his crate he'll wait until ridiculous o clock, then jump on the bed and sniff me to death :D:D

Clever dogs, having us so well trained :rolleyes:

8. LeeM018

LeeM018 PetForums Member

The battle of wits! We watch them, they watch us - but who's the most effective trainer :D

9. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

Well he slept in his own bed all night :D or atleast he did while I was watching him, not sure what he did when I was asleep.

But this morning, I let him out into the back while I got the kids ready for school and he started to hang off the door handle, trying to open the door and a few times I looked out the window to say "LEAVE, GO PLAY" and he backed off away from the door handle, then he did that whole staring at me in a pityful way... I even saw him trying to shiver :rolleyes: despite it being sunny :nono:

Anyhow, I had to go out into the back garden to get the bin bags for refuse collection and I could feel those sad eyes coming from the poor little Sailor shivering at the door, waiting to be let into his warm home to be with his family.... so as I walked in, I called him in too ...where he dived through the door and instantly stood at the side bord, for his raw egg and frozen sausage :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice