Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Oh dear I can't walk

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PembrokeMadhouse, May 17, 2010.

1. PembrokeMadhouse

PembrokeMadhouse PetForums VIP

I do these silly things occasionally ... although quite petite I am horribly unfit adn I am trying to motivate myself to get fit, so apart from walking the dog that's the only exercise I do.... I have just tried to ride 6 miles on my bike .... My legs are like jelly, my arms won't co-ordinate ... had to walk a good mile as it was all up hill on that bit!

probably will be 6 months before I do that again ... unless you lot help me and encourage me!

Off to die in the shower !!!!

C x

2. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

aw pain is GREAT :thumbup: means ya muscles have finally got some oxygen :lol: :lol: the pain will ease in time but dont stop, keep going it will get easier and you will really notice the difference in ya energy levels.

3. PembrokeMadhouse

will try to do it again every day - but it is finding the time to do it - and the weather can be quite inclement up here!

Had a shower, still shaking tho!!! It needs to be done, I have to get to a certain fitness level - I am a size 8 now, at 42, but my mother at 86 is a size 20+ and seeing as we have the same habits - midnight chocolate cake snacks and a day time chocolate addiction ... I need to get fit so I don't end up with all the problems my mother has!

But I'm not giving the chocolate up - no way !

C X

4. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

You really need to tone up not lose weight so maybe excessive cardio isnt needed yet, why dont you wean yourself into it by doing it once a week at first then twice etc. I also have a mini trampoline here which I use in winter and its soooo much fun Lol you dont feel like your doing cardio really but your exercising all the important muscles. :)

5. PembrokeMadhouse

that's what I want a tone up, rather than lose weight - I am all a bit jellified!!!!

it is my legs tht are the worst that's why I thought the bike would be good.

I get bored with the fitness dvds ... haven't really got space for a trampoline.

I keep thinking about the wii fit ... but haven't got that far yet !

C x

6. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

what's this talk of weather?? what's that?? sorry ain't no such thing as weather when you're a biker! get on and pedal mate, don't let the weather stop you unless it's dangerously icy or gale/storm force winds. if you have to get off to get up a hill, so be it.. but attempt the hill first, try get a curb stone further next time.
    just think of the bum, thighs and calves you will have in a few weeks time!

Don't bike everyday, do it every second day and work other muscles on the days off. if you overdo it you will hurt yourself (proper hurt not muscle fatigue) and we dont' want you quitting!

also try squats (very good for saggy bum) and lunges, pilates/yoga (don't worry i can't touch my toes either, i'm happy to touch my knees tbh), light weights and cardio toning that can be done from youtube vids. :D

remember and warm up with a gentle 5/10 mins stretch of road before you tackle any hills (to avoid damaging something) and stretch your whole body afterwards! you'll be surprised what bunches up and hurts afterwards when you're on a bike.

good luck mate! if you get tired and bored and want to give up just think of us all on petforum at the side of the road screaming "PEDAL!!!!!!!"

Waterlily likes this.
  7. PembrokeMadhouse

it's the motivation I lack ... need a damn good kick up the backside ... Meg is no encouragement she'd rather sleep than walk - so much for her being a collie ...

Can't wait to see her face when I hook her up to the bike ... !!! (but not till I am more confident myself)

C x

8. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

do a dance mix on ya mp3 it gets ya moving :thumbup:

9. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

Ha, I'm hookin Holly up when shes down, as my OH has to run 1.5miles in 8 mins for army, so I'm going to ride my bike, and he and Holly can run =]

10. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

i remember that old test! hated it! i can't run to save my life.. needless to say i was TA and not regular lmao.

don't hook the dog to the bike keep the leash under your hand so you can release it if needed, get an extendable one if you can for biking to give you some leeway if dog decides to go off at a rate of knots you don't want it connected to the bike! very ouch.
    if she's trainable, train her to run along with no leash.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice