Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Oh Dear - Fighting

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sallyanne, Jul 15, 2009.

1. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

I always pick Tom up from school today been no exception,so if he does manage to get himself into scrapes I can go and sort it out. :)

Anyway today he comes out of school looking redfaced with 5 boys,all in his year.He grabbed hold of one and pushed him up the fence and had a clenched fist - So I kept my distance and watched for a minute,the other boys were taunting Tom and one pulled his trousers down.
    Luke was with me and immediatly rushed over to Tom,who was pretty angry by this time,he came stomping over to me, and I asked what had gone on,apparently these boys were taunting him and pulled his trousers down several times today,so Tom been Tom decided he wasn't going to back down and confronted them and grabbed hold of one of them :eek:

I will be speaking with school tomorrow about these boys as Tom won't tolerate that behaviour,he shouldn't have to anyway,nor will I.

No wonder he hits out sometimes :(

2. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

Oh bless him i hate that, and i bet it would him that get's in trouble:mad:. How old is he?

3. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Well he does get alot of blame for things he does which was started by other kids,he tends not to think about his actions at the time.
    He's 12 but he won't back down to other kids who taunt him and he does quite often get himself into scrapes.

4. Badger's Mum

My boy was like that, he used to stick up for his friend's as well but they never stuck up for him:rolleyes:

5. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

I wouldn't tolerate it either. Go and kick butt at the school. It seems to me far to often the child that is being taunted or bullied is the one that ends up in trouble when they have enough and snap. They bullies usually get away scot free.

My Ana was expelled from school for hitting her bully despite me going in to the school on numerous occasions because of the bullying she was suffering. I was told that there was no bully at their school!

6. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Awww poor Tom....thats bought back a memory for me - I was standing in line one morning waiting for our science teacher and one of the bullies of the year came and pulled my skirt up!! I was soooo embarrassed and angry and I did the same thing I punched her one and pushed her in the thorn bush near to where we were standing:mad: she got into a lot of truble for doing it and didnt ever speak to me again ! Noone should have to put up with that behaviour and I hope the teachers do not tell him off it was not his fault!

7. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Kids can be so cruel :mad:

I hate to say it but him giving the ring leader a good punch would probably be the best way to go about it, teachers are flipping useless these days.

My best friend's sister was recently beaten up by a gang of girls (she has to have surgery on her nose). The ringleader was suspended for a week and nothing happened to the rest of the girls who punched her, kicked her and held her down :mad:

8. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

OMG! poor girl! I think girls are getting really nasty! never used to be that bad when I was at school but ive heard a lot of stories about girls beating other girls up really badly - its terrible:mad:

9. kath123

kath123 Guest

I was bullied all through school but not physically but mentally calling me names everyday. I was so quiet back then i wouldnt stick up for myself.

So if james comes home from school and says he is being picked on i always tell him to stick up for himself and be strong!!!

The problem with that is that he always does it when a teacher is stood next to him!!! And then he gets into trouble not the other boy!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

I hope you can sort it out hun. :)

10. Badger's Mum

Do the teacher's and dinner lady's still just tell them to go and play with somone else:mad:

11. kath123

kath123 Guest

oh yeh still exactly the sames as it was 20 years ago when i was in school!!!:mad:

12. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I only left school four years ago and this didn't happen to anyone. The family are pressing charges against the ringleader now which is good, except the father has threatened to stab my friend's family if they don't drop the charges. I wonder where the girl learnt her behaviour from :rolleyes:

13. Badger's Mum

Have to say some teacher's can be bully's can't they:rolleyes:

14. kath123

kath123 Guest

yeh they can hun im afraid. xx:cursing:

15. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Very true! some parents are terrible - swearing and fighting in front of their kids - like u say no wonder they turn out the same - its a learned behaviour a lot of the time

16. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

i dont know if this is something that already happens, but wouldnt it be beneficial for teachers and teaching assistants etc to get some for of training/advice on how to cope with bullying in schools. i think maybe a lot of the time, they dont know how to deal with it. plus the world is so freaking PC these days i think a lot of teachers are possibly scared to intervene incase they get accused of something!

17. Melysia

Melysia PetForums Member

It does my nut when bully's get away with it! The retribution comes from outside of the school environment, the law seems to be on the side of the tw @. Think I've left enough space to get away with that word?

The teachers know full well who causes the problems but because the parents either don't want to know or can't control there kid/s then it seems as though your in an impossible situation sometimes. A good head teacher can make all the difference in my opinion. There were a good few teachers who knew how to deal with situations in my transition from primary but they all left by the time I got to 2nd year or so.

18. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Good on your son for standing up to the bullies. He shouldn't have to put up with that at school.

Ben was bullied at school. He was given a black eye by 1 lad for not allowing him to punch him in the stomach and the just over 12 months ago another lad headbutted him as he had been told Ben had deleted some work of his school account on the PC. Ben hadn't it was the lad who had blamed him. At one time his dad as having to go and pick him up after school. Thye then had a new head master and he told him he would not stand for that the school is responsible for the children until they get home and if he reported anyone they would be severely dealt with. He had a zerl tollerance policy on bullies

Just before he was 13 Ben started kickboxing and other than the lad who knocked him out by headbutting him he has no trouble with bullies since he started. He left school th is year and hopefully will be starting fresh again at college in september.

19. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Hope you get things sorted Sallyanne.
    My sons the same - he wont tolerate unfairness and would lash out if provoked.
    The problem we had was the other kids knew what buttons to press to get a response and if they didn't they would keep pushing until he reacted. The issue we had was my son is physically very strong so when he finaly flipped he would cause some real damage and the school would look to see which kid was most hurt and blame the other one and nmore than one ocasions he caused more damage to 2 or 3 kids than they did to him.
    Luckily as he's matured he's learned to control his temper anf can walk away - but he still has a card he can show any teacher at any time he is beginning to feel under pressure and can leave the calssroom.

20. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

Good for him sticking up for himself, I don't condone violence but maybe once he has punched one of these boys hard enough to make them realise he won't take any crap they will leave him alone.

My kids have had taunting for months here by racist little gits who think English kids shouldn't be in their school. We have complained several times and now we have told the kids if anyone starts on them they punch them ONCE that should be enough!

I hope you get it sorted, its heartbreaking for a parent to have a child bullied and I don't think schools take a hard enough action against these kids!

Izzie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice