Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

OH being awkward!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Jul 22, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

He has to go back to manchester tomorrow to pick up the iron's from his work that were getting repaired.

He told me he was taking Dave. I said No. He is adamant that he is taking Dave in the car with him.

I told him it was too long for Dave to be stuck in the car -3hrs there plus waiting around in traffic and finding the place, then 3 hours back.

It would mean Dave either has to get fed really really early so I can walk him before they leave, or doesn't get fed, which is a bit unfair.
    There will be nowhere to walk him along the way, he always gets a good run around 11 am, as he needs to empty his bowels too.

He would be bored in the car and oh says so will he, that's why he wants to take him! :cursing:

What else can I say to make him change his mind??

x

2. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

um put it plainly - NO!

Remind him of those dogs that died (policecar) ok so your OH won't leave Dave alone, but even so if it gets hot tomorrow its not a good idea for Dave.

Plus he'll need constant loo breaks....he'll get hungry...he'll need water. Say no girl put your foot down!

3. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Be sneaky, say Dave has been really sick today and you sincerely hope he isn't sick again tomorrow in the car cos your oh would have to clean it up:idea:.

4. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

You could hide Dave :idea: lol

5. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

YES...hide Dave!!

6. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Grr I went upstairs to explain again how unfair it would be for Dave, and told him no way was I going to get up at 5am to feed him so he can get a walk before they leave...
    And said it's really unfair to upset Dave's routine just so he can have company in the car, and he has said 'oh fine, forget i even asked' I was like 'no, you didn't asked, you told me you were' and he just told me he doesn't want to talk about it anyomre.

He is so stupid he hates losing and just finishes the conversation right there and goes in a wee sulk..
    He will be down in a minute demanding to get on the pc to 'fix it' then will just end up taking over to play the sims! Lol

It's a good job I love him :)

x

7. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

Oh that's a shame, I was looking forward to suggestions about where we could hide him! x

8. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Hehe that was my original idea I was going to get up early and just take the dogs out. but then realise oh wouldn't be able to leave because my son would still b here. Lol

x

9. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

lol my oh is in a strop with ME?
    because HE cancelled our date to the cinema :confused:
    :eek:ut:
    weird man.
    he's not spoke to me since -scowls
    im waiting for an apology and an 'ill take you tomorrow my darling' ;)

10. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I have come to the conclusion....men, are ODD :D

x

kenla210 likes this.
  11. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

ooh now hes like 'i wasnt ignoring you my phone was off' well thats avoiding isnt it?! :eek:ut:

12. kenla210

kenla210 PetForums Senior

SO true... always like your posts, they make me laugh, think we have a similar outlook on life... blob for you :)

13. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Thank you :D

x

14. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Tell him the dog have the squirts and you dont want it going all over the car. ewwwww that should put him off lolololo

15. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

oh was gonna say, stick up for yourself, girl power and all that lol. secondly, im so glad im single :D

16. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

But why dont you want him to take Dave, it would be lovely for them to have some one to one and male bonding. I am sure Dave would love it too.

17. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

OH didn't take Dave.

I'm sure it would have been lovely for them to get some bonding but Dave is only 6 months old, and gets quite stressed or edgy when his routine is upset. he is house trained but he would still 'go' if he was really desperate, and 3 hours sitting in the car immediately aftre his breakfast was not going to be a great idea, as I never feed him immediately before a long journey.

Also it was quite hot my oh said so I'm glad he didn;t take him, i would have been ringing him up every half an hour to make sure he was stopping to give him water, and letting him pee. And seeing as it was actually for his work, stopping at every service station on the way there and back would have been a bit much!

Dave was actually sick today, probably ate something while mucking about in the forest last night.

x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice