Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Offering Help

Discussion in 'Cat Rescue and Adoption' started by Fiji444, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Fiji444

Fiji444 Guest

I would like to do something to help cats/kittens that need to find new homes. My house is not very big so I could not take in numerous cats but could take in a couple at a time that need fostering. I do have 3 cats of my own. Alternatively I could help in other ways. I am in the Reading area if anyone has any ideas or needs help. Thanks.

2. househens

househens Guest

Would you be willing to help with disabled cats? You can also do short term fostering, and there are also long term fosters which may suit you. Longterm/retirement fostering gives a pair or elderly or disabled cats the love of their own home, until they die, when they have so little hope of being chosen. This also clears the permanent spaces at the rescue, for faster turnover cats, with a far better chance of finding a home.

The rescue charities will provide vet care and sometimes, food, as well. There are also some cats in desperate need of a rehome, from private homes, even if it is only until a rescue can take them, in the rescue and intro pages.

3. Fiji444

Fiji444 Guest

I am happy to help in anyway I can. I did try to offer a home to a male cat 6 months after I took on my female cat but she did not like it and did not wee for almost 4 days. In the end I had to take him back. I am not sure if she did just not like him or if it is adult cats in general. However she did take on a kitten who is now 5 years old and I am hoping they will also take on my lovely new kitten on Sunday. We are a peaceful household even though I have a 3 year old!

4. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

i have just rescued a bsh 1 and half years old if you wanted to foster. x

5. Ang2

Ang2 PetForums VIP

Kelly Joy is always looking for urgent fostering if you contact her. She gets cases where people have taken their cat to be pts for no reason and the vets will contact Kelly in a desperate attempt to save the cat.

Please give kelly a pm.

6. Fiji444

Fiji444 Guest

Thank you. I have sent Kelly-joy a message. If nobody has offered to foster the female cat by the end of the weekend, I will have her. I would need to sort things out and prepare for her arrival. Would that be okay?

7. househens

househens Guest

I pmed kelly-joy and scatchy when I answered this.

8. Fiji444

Fiji444 Guest

Thank you. I hope I will be able to help even if it is only in a small way.

9. househens

househens Guest

I know they are desperate, but must be so busy that they haven't checked in. It's very frustrating, but I know dog rescue is truly soul destroying, and the cat rescue situation is FAR grimmer.

Have you the spot for a cat enclosure, either attached to your house, or seperate, or is your back yard cat proofed? These are thinga you could look at, even advertise for a 2nd hand, walk in aviary, cheap... There is also a cat enclosures and cat proofing yards 'sticky' at the top of the 1st general cat chat page, to see what others have done, all budgets.

PS could you give a locality? I might be able to find some possibilities.

#9 househens, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2012
  10. kelly-joy

kelly-joy PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice