Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

off to the vets tomorrow very nervous

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by codyann, Apr 7, 2011.

1. codyann

codyann PetForums Senior

i am of to the vets tomorrow as roxi is walking very weird and i suspect she has luxating patella, plus she has a problem with peeing and not realising it, and also to get some info on when i can get her spayed. i hope all goes well tomorrow, i have booked a early appointment so i can get it out of the way.

2. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

Good luck at the vets tomorrow and I hope you get everything sorted.. xxxx

3. codyann

codyann PetForums Senior

thats i hope so aswell :D x

4. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

Nothing worse than worrying about your pet who can't tell you how they feel.. :(

5. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Good luck tomorrow. Good idea to get in there early.

Let us know how it goes :)

Em
    xx

6. codyann

codyann PetForums Senior

yeah i know ever since i had my 1st dog at age 14 and i was constantly at the vets as the other owner didnt look after him :mad: he had a lot of health problems :( but i allways try and be carlm when i am in the vets as Roxi is a very nervous dog.

7. codyann

codyann PetForums Senior

thanks i will do :D x

8. Sparkle

Sparkle PetForums Senior

Good luck with her!! If they do diagnose it find out what grade and don't jump into surgery unless it's grade 3 or 4 if surgery is suggested you may want an orthopaedic surgeon to do it!

Hope it all goes ok

9. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Hope you got on ok this morning

10. codyann

codyann PetForums Senior

hey all i went vet and they said that she has infact got luxating patella and also hip dysplasia, the vet didnt say what grade the luxating patella is at just that i have to minimize her walking, not the best news but atleast it aint the worst they did also say that they may want to take a x ray at the same time as her spay just to see how her hips and knees are. and that she will most likely need surgery later in her life,
    i forgot to ask if there was anything i could give her to help her knees does anyone know?

11. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear that,
    I think glucosamine and chondritin may be helpful but it might be useful to make a new thread in the health section. Lots of people who have similar conditions over there

12. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

There is something called synoquin that says helps restore developemental joint damage either genetic breeding or due to increase in weight during growth phase, A friend of our Lab was on it for hip dysplasia, might be worth asking your vet about, you would be able to get it from them, but if so pre check out the price on line, its non prescription and you can get it at vet pharmacies Vet-Medic - the same medicines as your vet at consistently low prices. is one place. Our friend was paying much more at the vets until I told her about on line.
    Other than thaat cosequin would probably healp it contains glucosamine and chondrotin which is important for cartilage and synovial fuid production which would aid the joints. again you can get this from the link too.

13. codyann

codyann PetForums Senior

thanks for that i have found them on this site you may wanna pass them on to your friend i have used them before for flea and worm treatment they are a good company

Dog Arthritis, Seraquin reduced £15.30, Cosequin, Synoquin, dog arthritis supplements, dog joints

14. codyann

codyann PetForums Senior

thanks babycham2002
    i think ill make a new thread thanks :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice