Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Off to pick up our new kitten

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by claire484, Jul 26, 2009.

1. claire484

claire484 PetForums Junior

Very excited, going out in a minute to pick up our new kitten from the RSPCA. She's all black, 12 weeks old :D Thinking of the name Layla at the moment, unless you guys have any other suggestions!
    She'll be a companion for our 4 year old rescue cat too.

Will try to add some pictures later!

Claire

2. Angelic1

Angelic1 PetForums Member

That's lovely...hope it all goes ok! :)

3. claire484

Thank you! We're home now, and Layla is up in the spare room/office at the moment. She has a large soft dog carrier to stay in at the moment when not supervised as she is so small. OH is working at the desk in there at the moment and says she seems happy. She's had her first feed, and some water- just waiting to make sure she uses her litter tray OK now :eek:

Sky, our 4 year old, hasn't seen the new arrival yet (and won't for a few days yet I should think). I think Sky has sussed out something is going on, as she's probably smelt the kittens scent on us, but she's shown no interest in trying to work out if it's in the house- in fact she's only moved between her favourite chair, the cat tree and back to the chair again!

I'll try to take some pictures of Layla later.

4. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

Congratulations on your new arrival :D i'm sure everything will be fine you seem to know what your doing so Good Luck with the intro's :thumbup: they will become best friends in to time :D lot's of piccys please ;) x

5. claire484

As promised, some pictures! She's getting very sleepy now so we've left her in the hope she'll have a nap :D

Attached Files:

LadyRedLainey likes this.
  6. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

wow shes a pretty girl looks like a midnight to me :D shes so black or Ebonny would be good

7. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

aww congratulations! She's lovely, have you thought of any names yet?

8. Aww she's beautiful! :) I like the name Ebonny too :D

9. claire484

We've decided to stick with Layla, especially since we heard the song 'Layla' on the radio (for the first time in years!) this morning. So now we have a Skylar and a Layla!

10. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

She is stunning but like i've said before i'm Biased :D has she a name yet ? :D

11. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

Sorry i see she is Layla :D lovely name i bet your so proud up the black cats !!! :thumbup::001_tt2: xx

12. claire484

We are very happy at the moment. Layla turned out to be a bit of a surprise, as we were expecting it to take longer to adopt her (thinking we would need another home check)- we only visited the RSPCA yesterday! Layla is very friendly, and I'm hoping she's going to be OK around the house and using the litter tray as the RSPCA suggested she would be (she was abandoned without her mum, but with her siblings).

Skylar is still sitting on her favourite chair, so I'm thinking she's not too fussed at the moment as she has heard Layla meowing, and I'm sure she could easily follow her scent to the spare room should she wish to.

13. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Awww very cute. She looks just like my Pepper! Similar looking size, same tail, all the same just slight difference in face.
    Hope the intro goes well, sounds like it'll be fine :)
    Congrats on your new edition.

14. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

she is absolutely gorgeous

15. stevecov

stevecov PetForums Junior

Lovely cat best of luck with it!

16. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

she is absolutly gorgeous how old is she?

viv xx

17. claire484

We were told 12 weeks yesterday, but then told 4 months today. She's off to the vets tomorrow for her 2nd vaccination, so I'll check again then!

18. Angelic1

Angelic1 PetForums Member

Aw...she's gorgeous! :)

19. LadyRedLainey

LadyRedLainey PetForums VIP

Awwwww congrats on the new addition!! :001_tt1: :D we are getting our new kitten on Tuesday, also black lol!

Beautiful name choice to :thumbup:

20. claire484

Just back from the vets, all went well (apart from needing a few eye drops, but I was expecting that). We've think she's 4 months old.
    I had been worrying that she hadn't used her litter at all since we picked her up yesterday, but she put an end to that as we sat in reception at the vets :eek: Good thing we put newspaper in and not an old jumper or something!
    First night wasn't too bad, hardly any crying or noise, so that looks promising!
    Skylar was allowed into the room to have a sniff about whilst Layla was at the vets, reports are that she was having a good sniff about but didn't seem overly worried! Fingers crossed when we introduce them to each other tomorrow afternoon it will go well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice