Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Off for a walk we go...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sharloid, Aug 30, 2013.

1. sharloid

sharloid PetForums VIP

... or not. :(

The OH is off for a walk with Broder and Kindra in the Peak District shortly. As I've been on pup sitting duties I haven't been able to go for a long walk for a while and I'm feeling slightly cooped up. She had her 2nd vaccs on Wednesday but the vet says we need to wait 2 weeks (!!!) before taking her out properly.

Here is my attempt at letting Yla come with us...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Psst, ignore my pj's. It's still morning!

... sadly she's a bit too big and heavy for a rucksack so they have gone without us. Poor puppy, she doesn't look impressed does she? :eek:

#1 sharloid, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  2. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

3. owns the beast

owns the beast PetForums Senior

Definitely not a happy puppy!!!

I guess you have to follow the vets advice but it will be a long 2 weeks.

4. sharloid

sharloid PetForums VIP

She'll be out before that, we're going camping next weekend! She didn't mind being in the bag, just my back did!

5. Labrador Laura

Labrador Laura PetForums VIP

Aww bless her, she doesn't look impressed at all ! The rucksack does make her look huge though !
    She has beautiful face markings, don't think I've seen a husky which such dark markings, will they stay that dark or lighten as she grows up?

I can remember with Zab he had his first set at 8weeks then our vets said to wait til he's 12weeks for his 2nd set as they had cases of Parvo in the town next to us, so she wanted his system to strengthen before going out so he was 13weeks when he first went out ... so I had 6weeks of hyper puppy !

6. sharloid

sharloid PetForums VIP

The goggles round her eyes have lightened since we've got her but overall it should stay dark. I love that huskies come with so many markings and colours. :)

She hasn't been hyper at all, I guess having two dogs to play with has stopped that. It's me that wants to get out! She's been asleep for most of the day already, I've hardly seen her.

7. Megan_M

Megan_M PetForums Member

Aww she's soo cute:001_wub:

I used a rucksack with Quinn so I could still walk the other 3 and not leave pup at home alone...but I put it on the front so I could also use my arms to support him if need be(the older 3’s leads round my waist so my hands were free)...maybe on the front might work better for you?:)

8. LouLatch

LouLatch PetForums VIP

You have a new pup!!!!???? How did I miss that??

Shes adorable!!!! It does seem like an age when your told 2 weeks but it wont be long before shes out running around.

Shes got such a pretty face. :)

9. JenKyzer

JenKyzer PetForums VIP

Aww what gorgeous pics .. her blue eyes are stunning! Looking forward to pics when your all out and about together :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice