UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking ahead to when I get home from hospital...my rats love climbing on my neck and shoulders and chest. I have had a throat op and so obviously have a wound there held together with staples. They'll be taken out in about a week .is it safe to let the rate climb on me or are they likely to try and worry the wound at all? I will have a dressing on it but I know they have a good sense of smell. I can't wear any tops with a high neck as I find them uncomfortable.

G

·
I know when I had a bandage on my finger (tried to chop the end off with a very sharp kitchen knife :rolleyes:) some of my boys kept trying to drag my finger off to bed with them :lol: So I would just play it by ear, if they mess with the bandage then you will have to stop them climbing on but if they don't bother then you have no problems :D

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I wouldn't have a second thought if it was my hand.. .just the fact that it's my throat makes me feel a bit vulnerable.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I've heard that rats are quite gross when it comes to wounds and like to have a good sniff and poke around.
I've not experienced it myself but there was a thread on another forum. I'd be super careful with them- especially if you have stitches. Mine love to play with their stitches!

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've heard that rats are quite gross when it comes to wounds and like to have a good sniff and poke around.
I've not experienced it myself but there was a thread on another forum. I'd be super careful with them- especially if you have stitches. Mine love to play with their stitches!
It's metal staples rather than stitches. I'll just make sure I have something covering it.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
My rats are very into cuts etc! I shaved my legs the other day and made a nice skin peel :cryin: blood everywhere. It eventually dried up by the time I got the boys out but all they did was run over to the area and sniff very closely to the blooded wound,even to the point where they were trying to paw at it! Ouch.

Judy be careful Hun as they may try and claw at the bandage and nibble on it.

Hope you get better soon xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.