Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Odd question...

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by harley bear, Aug 25, 2013.

1. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

Well this is going to sound really strange :eek:

We have taken on 2 chinese dwarf hamsters both female. I was just holding one and thought she had something stuck to her bottom end i went to pull it off and it was coming from inside her i couldnt see if it was her bottom or her lady bits ..it was a long white snot textured substance (sorry) I have looked in their cage and i cant see any poop anywhere..whenever i have had hamsters before they have done proper poops :confused:

confused!

2. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

it doesnt sound normal at all, i would take her to the vets, also be very careul if you are housing them together, female chinese are noturious for fighting and 90% of the time are better kept seperate

3. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

I have checked them both several times and they are both clean. I have never owned a female hamster so was wondering if it could have been discharge or a period?

I dont know how old they are.

As for their housing i have been given conflicting advice, i wouldnt have put them together if i had them from babies but tbh seeing how they are together i think it would do them more harm than good separating them now they have been together so long.

4. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

female hamsters do not have periods, its definitely not normal.

just keep a very close eye on them, when chinese fall out they fall out big time and very fast, they can easily kill each other within minutes of the fall out happening

5. metame

metame PetForums VIP

did you get it checked out?
    How is she now?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice