Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Odd behaviour at night time

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Charlotte1577, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Charlotte1577

Charlotte1577 PetForums Newbie

Hello!
    My dog is a mix between Chihuahua, beagle, Shih-tzu and a Bichon. He is usually a calm and collected dog who just is happy to see everyone and cant wait to say hello. but recently at night time, about 12am he starts going crazy at the window in my bedroom. He seems like he is trying to claw through! He makes an Extremely high pitched growl (if you could call it that.) It sounds similar to a whine or cry. there is nothing that i can see but he has done it for a couple of nights now. He wags his tails whilst he does it, and if you hold him back then he tries as much as he can to get back to the window.
    I know its quite odd, he only does it in the middle of the night. i would appreciate any advice / knowledge about this if it happens to anybody else dogs or if anyone knows about whats going on with him.

Many thanks it is much appreciated.

2. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Is he castrated?

3. Jamesgoeswalkies

Jamesgoeswalkies PetForums VIP

It could be any number of things - primarily i would think it's the sound or scent of an animal outside which has alerted his senses ( from the high pitched growl he makes - very much a hunting sound). Or it could have started when he heard neighbours come home at that time. Once established, they can then associate this time with there being something outside. Wagging his tail simply means arousal.

Or maybe he has seen his refection in the window and now, in the dark, he thinks that there is another dog outside.

All of the above are quite common :D

J

Twiggy and Lurcherlad like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice