Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Obsession with Bumble Bees

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Maistaff, May 14, 2010.

1. Maistaff

Maistaff PetForums Senior

Anyone any idea how to stop my cat catching and carrying in her mouth Bumble Bee's ? She must catch on average more than a 3-4 a day :scared:

Caught her yesterady carrying one in her mouth which was alive !! As soon as i saw her and said her name she let it go and i had to pick her up and put her inside to give the bumble bee a chance to recover and fly off.

This morning i came down to a drowned oen in the dogs water bowl :eek:

I am quite worried that she will get stung and have a reaction so any advice is more than welcome

2. Amin

Amin PetForums VIP

Our Boy does this, I think he has been stung. He now just chases them, So think your cats obsession might fade away a bit.

3. Maistaff

Maistaff PetForums Senior

Thank you

Fingers crossed it will fade

4. mlynnc

mlynnc PetForums Senior

Enzo does this too!

He chases them around the garden and swats them to the ground! Then, every time they try to fly away he will pounce on them again - haha :scared:

5. mckitty

mckitty PetForums VIP

bracken loves them too, he used to bring them in as presents for me

6. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

Dorrie tries to get them as well. She tried to get one the other day and I nearly ended up getting stung!:eek:

7. NigelB

NigelB PetForums Newbie

I don't want to worry you, but your concern about being stung and having bad reaction isn't totally unfounded. When she was much younger Jasmine used to do this, she ended up getting stung in her throat and when I came home for work she was lying on the floor gasping for breath and her tongue was blue. Emergency dash to vet for adrenaline injection and she pulled through, and hasn't done it since! But it was pretty worrying at the time! Vet reckoned certain cats can react badly just as some humans can - luck of the draw really.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice