Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Observations and People Watching...........

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by critter, Mar 25, 2011.

1. critter

critter PetForums VIP

Hi, Any body else do "people watching"?, I must admit that I do, even when I'm out walking the dog, I encounter one chap every morning who spends most of his time scouring the streets before the street sweepers and the scarabs start work looking for Fag Butts! which he collects and puts into a carrier bag!, another one is a quite large woman who collects her papers every morning and she carries on conversations with herself in a loud voice, the first time I encountered her I thought she was talking to me so I answered her, but, no, she looked right through me and carried on her conversation with herself as though I wasn't there!, my local Tesco's Car Park is usually guaranteed to provide good opportunities for people watching!, I see people arguing, women driving off with their handbags on the roof of their cars, people leaving their trollies full of shopping unattended while they faff around in the boot of their cars the trolley then rolls off and usually disappears between parked cars resulting in one very bewildered shopper looking for their trolley, people arriving on foot tying their dog to the rail outside and then exiting from a different door and walking off without the dog!, then there's the dog owner who arrives by car and leaves the window partially open for the dog, the owner goes into the store and the dog puts his whole head out of the window and continuously begins a deep mournful howl, this continues until he sees the owner re-appearing when he then jumps into the back of the car and settles down as if sleeping, he then greets his owner with much stretching and yawning!, I've seen drunks sleeping on the grass dogs casually walking up sniffing them and then peeing on them!, dogs walking into shops, pinching something and then running like hell out of the shop!, the list just goes on and on, summertime is the best time of year for this pastime and I would recommend it to anyone!!. wayne.

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I absolutely love people watching, not even the 'odd' people, I like sitting in the car just watching the world go by (and the award for crazy person of the day goes to TDM :eek:)

3. DaisytheTT

DaisytheTT PetForums Senior

I love it! Although I don't tend to do it when I'm out walking Daisy, I'm too busy watching her to see what mischief she is getting into therefore I miss everything else going on around me!

I like to people watch from the comfort of a cafe with a large latte and a big slab of cake in hand :)

4. metame

metame PetForums VIP

i dont really like people watching it makes me feel awkward :eek:

5. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

It is when they turn round and catch you staring :eek:

6. littleBichon

littleBichon PetForums Member

I love people watching. I like to take ten minutes every now and again to just stop and watch the world go by. I also really like over hearing little bits of conversations between people, in the supermarket, in the street or even on the phone. i like to try and imagine what the rest of the conversation could be and I end up making the most elaborate stories!

One of the nicest things ive ever witnessed was a fair few years ago, on Valentines day a girlfriend and I were shopping in town to ingnore the fact we were single, We heard a man yelling on the phone at his girlfriend 'Look, ive told you NO! I'll meet you when im ready Im going to meet (insert boys name) for a pint first' and we thought what a horrible fella, on valentines too. We then happened to see him in the market about 10 minutes later buying a MASSIVE bunch of flowers, he also had acquired a gift bag that looked to have some sort of champagne in and a rather large card and we heard him on the phone again 'come and meet me now, outside the train station' (which is where we were headed so we decided to follow.. enter girl, see's her boy holding a massive bunch of flowers and card etc.. we also found out in the envelope were two tickets to Barcelona for the next day! Not a nasty boy after all, probably scared of his surprise being ruined by her eagerness! haha

7. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

Yes do it all the time!! :eek:hmy::eek:hmy:

And espeically when you have sunglasses on and they cant see you doing it. :smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

8. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

Yes it's funny what people do :D

and better still it's a free hobby ;)

9. theevos5

theevos5 PetForums VIP

I lovvvvve people watching and the best place ever that I have people watched is Glastonbury!!After walking round for hours and hours,I parked my bum on a bench with a cup of brothers cider and just sat and observed.I didn't know which way to look first,there was the hippy playing his mini blow up guitar to jamie cullen,who I saw a couple of days later and he was minus one shoe and his top!There was the people in fancy dress-too many to mention,but the man at the scissor sisters in full sequined dress was good,there was the wedding in full top hat and tails and wellies!There are the people who just randomly get up and start dancing on the spot whist trying not to fall over,or eat that food but can't quite get it into their mouths.There is too much to mention,but was amazing!And the last bit was the young lad that had been people watching us and asked us and my son what it was like to do Glastonbury as a family as he was soon to be a dad and it would be his first one next year as a family and he had been watching us thinking that it would be great!:001_smile:

10. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

a woman I would love to meet and share those exploits..Gibraltar is perfect..can do it here all year round!!!...

and I would not mind watching critter having conversation with lovely Louie...:)

11. northnsouth

northnsouth PetForums VIP

Arrivals at airports is my favourite.... but any where is good:001_smile:

12. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

One of my favourite hobbys:001_smile:

13. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I love to people watch but I am an evil cow and cant resist judging them as they go past!!:eek:
    :D

14. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I love it especially the odd people

15. Mr Gizmo

Mr Gizmo Body of a Buddah.

Must admit I enjoy it as well, especially when abroad or looking out of a pub window on a busy Saturday afternoon in town.

16. kaz_f

kaz_f PetForums VIP

I love people watching - we are such funny creatures :)

17. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

Yep I am very much a people watcher.

18. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

Oh i love people watching especialy on a sunny day.. Brings all the "strange" ones out :lol:

19. DaisytheTT

DaisytheTT PetForums Senior

I'm on my way over, make mine a large slab of choccy cake :D

20. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

i do it all the time...... i love it. when im on the train in london its a brill thing to do..... infact i took people watching to the extreme once.... got on train.. noticed very very cute lenny kravitz looking guy two seats down from me..... started my purpose in life aka people studying :lol: he got up to get off a few stations down.. i get up and get off too........ follow cute guy out of station.......... then realise i am NOWHERE near where i should be and am now going to be very late for work!!!!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice