UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found that Romney came across for tbe wealthy, and a bit anti-female.

I wonder if he will now declare his tax info ...........

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
G

·
I am really pleased Obama got in. He, in my opinion, is the best president America has ever had :)

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Well I am looking forward to the day Obama keeps his promise to legalise Gay marriage right across America :)
the day he does it will then hopefully push other countries into tolerance; maybe then young men and women in some countries can no longer be stoned to death for holding hands.

·
Banned
19,241 Posts
The scary thing is that he only just won. I can't pretend to know much about him but I didn't like the sound of the other bloke.

It is hard to believe that it was only fifty odd years ago that Kennedy passed the civil rights act which gave black people the same rights as white ones, and now they have a black president! Well done!

G

·
the day he does it will then hopefully push other countries into tolerance; maybe then young men and women in some countries can no longer be stoned to death for holding hands.
It was one of his campaign promises.
I think the rest of the world would follow suite and as you said being gay and lesbian would be tolerated worldwide.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
The scary thing is that he only just won. I can't pretend to know much about him but I didn't like the sound of the other bloke.

It is hard to believe that it was only fifty odd years ago that Kennedy passed the civil rights act which gave black people the same rights as white ones, and now they have a black president! Well done!
It was one of his campaign promises.
I think the rest of the world would follow suite and as you said being gay and lesbian would be tolerated worldwide.
with things as weighted as this though i can kind of understand why he is taking his time... as NM says, only 50yrs ago segregation was still seen as perfectly normal. slowly does it to not give all the 'old style thinking' people too many heart attacks at once maybe?

in saying that though, our country still exports lgbt refugees to go home to execution...

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I found that Romney came across for tbe wealthy, and a bit anti-female.I wonder if he will now declare his tax info ...........
Aren't they the pre-requisites for Republicans? As well as being pro-gun, pro death penalty and anti-minority group?

·
Grumpy wench.
4,907 Posts
I think most of the world is breathing a sigh of relief today!

The republican attitude towards women was laughable, the new york times (I think) went about swing states interviewing "WalMart Moms" and those that were voting for Mitt were even saying that they were only voting because they "didnt really believe the things he said" with regard to issues such as abortion.

It cant be a good sign when people are voting for you cos they think you "dont really mean" things :p

·
Still missing my boys
42,317 Posts

Is 303 to 206 only just won in America? :confused:

Looks like a bit of a landslide to me, virtually 50% more :confused:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.