Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

o/t Yay!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by hazyreality, Aug 13, 2009.

1. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

I got the job!!!!! I got the job!!!!! She accepted me there and then!

I was there for about an hour looking around, it is a lovely kennels and cattery! It doesnt even smell of dog or cat and with room for 65 dogs and 60 cats thats good going :p she is very insistant that they must be clean and must not smell.

She told me all the bad stuff, she said so I wouldnt be surprised :p like working bank holidays(already do) christmas, new year. Then working alot of weekends(already do) and when they get quiet in the winter it might change from 5-6 days per week to 4 days per week, but I dont really mind that.

Aparently you have to be comfortable with talking to the animals because thats what they do, and thats what they expect you to do :p which I dont mind, everyone here thinks I am mad when I walk into the rabbit shed and shout "Morning Guys" :p

Wages are ok, a bit better than I am getting now, especially with the extra hours, working from 8am - 5pm 5 days a week. So I am there 1 1/2 hours longer but if I get paid for lunch which I dunno yet, thats 2 1/2 more hours pay :p plus the kennel job that I have always wanted.

She also said she could work out days I could have off with my OH!

All in all I think I am going to love it there! Now I just have to tell my boss tomorrow :eek: I feel bad about leaving them when its busier, but the job is there and its the job I want.

*Heidi*

#1 hazyreality, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Congratulations, wish I knew how to put on one of those congratulation picture thingies but I don't :blushing:. when do you start?

3. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

asap :p the girl who told me about the job, and who I am replacing leaves 31st August so I am hoping I will be able to start just before then. I have to buy her and her sister a box of chocs each! She mentioned it to her sister and put in a good word for me. Her sister has her nails done by mum and she thought to ask if I would be interested.

*Heidi*

4. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

:) thats great news, I'm sure you'll really enjoy it

5. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

Congratulations :D

6. frags

frags PetForums VIP

well done babe!!! i knew you would get it :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice