Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

O/T but tut tut tut!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by frags, Jul 6, 2009.

1. frags

frags PetForums VIP

ive just had a call from the school and it appears my nearly 12 yr old daughter was bunking school friday afternoon!!!!

poor girl dont know what she has got her self into :D grounded for 2-4 weeks will be reviewed after 2. and 2 week list of heavy chores to do daily!!!

i will come down VERY heavy on her for this!! :hand: i dont think she will consider doing it again for a while!!

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Oh dear.

I never dared cut school. It was only when i went to college that i did, but mainly cos i was being bullied, and the repercussions werent very severe.

3. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

I bunked off once and got caught coming home by my cousin who grassed me up!!!
    Obviously discipline her for it so she doesnt do it again (i didnt) but dont think to bad of her all kids try it, its part of growing up! x

4. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I went to school in the 80s during the teacher strikes, I bunked off that much that I don't think half of my teachers recognised me when I was there, so I would probably be far too soft if either of my children got caught doing it:blushing:., I think your punishment is perfect cos she will have to be soooo good for two weeks (not easy for a 12 y.o) so she should remember it next time she thinks about not going to school.

5. toddy

toddy PetForums Senior

Did you ask her what her reason for bunking off was?
    Is it a lesson she is avoiding or something interesting making her do so?
    My mum would have killed me if she found me bunking school lol.

6. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Yup I agree with Toddy ask her why and what she was doing? And oh yeah my mum would hav killllleeddd me! But I loves school to much to bunk.... Uni was a different thing all together lol!

7. frags

frags PetForums VIP

no i havent asked her as i havent had "the chat" yet lol im letting her stew, i just told her the punishment and told her we will be having a chat about it.

i was at work last night so didnt have chance but tonight i will be letting her explain but i will be firm.

8. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

I never dared bunk I knew what I'd get if I did, besides I lived down the road from my school so chances are I'd have been caught by my mum or a neighbour.

9. frags

frags PetForums VIP

well ive spoken to her and she wont tell me a reason but i gave her the chance to tell me if she has done it before at 1st she said no and i could tell she was lying, so i told her ive asked the school for a full attandance report and that she either told me the truth now and i will be cross but i wont ground her for the whole 6 week holidays! but if she lies and then i find out she will be grounded for the whole 6 weeks.
    she crumpled and told me she had done it 1 last lesson of school before.

im so angry but i cant punish her anymore as i made the deal and she told the truth.

i will keep her grounding and make her tidy every single day for 2 weeks solid.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice