Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

O no !!!! ...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Cloud&JaysMum, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Cloud&JaysMum

Cloud&JaysMum PetForums Senior

my garden fence has gone !!!!! ...... Bloomin wind :mad::mad::mad:

Goodness know how or when we will be able to get it fixed.... :(

2. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear about your fence ... has this stopped the dogs garden time? I assume it will !

I lost a shed roof (well the felt) to the wind last night, trouble is its ajoined to the neighbours shed, so theres got ripped up too :eek:
    Had my felt not ha a crack in it for the wind to get under, it wouldnt have happened... so I m in trouble with neighbours now :eek:

3. Cloud&JaysMum

well at the moment I can do supervised toilet time.... the bottom part of the garden the panel has come away and they could get through if they wanted to ..... its just about holding up ..... the top part of the garden has lost three panels completely.... smashed all over the top patio area. Thankfully out garden is fenced off across the middle and so I am not too concerned about that area ..... Hubby is going to have to arrange something asap with the lower level though ..... I really don't fancy having to do fully supervised at 4 in the morning ..... :( ..... I just want to be able to stand at the kitchen window in the warm :eek:

4. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

That's rubbish; are the panels still around for you to resurrect it?

ETA: posted at the same time as your above post. Shame they are smashed.

5. Cloud&JaysMum

no :( they are all smashed in pieces ...... none can be saved .... to be fair its been up 10 years + and was getting a little rotten. I did say to hubby several times in the summer I dont think it will survive a wind but he was ademant it would ...... I am going to try hard not to say 'I TOLD YOU SO' with a smug look on my face when he walks in the door ..... if that is he makes it past the pile of broken fence panels :D

#5 Cloud&JaysMum, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  6. BumbleFluff

BumbleFluff PetForums VIP

Our fence has gone too :(

7. Moggydoggy mum

Moggydoggy mum PetForums Newbie

Hi, know how you feel ours have also gone and smashed across neighbours garden. Now trying to stop our three horrors (dogs) thinking that they now have a new garden to play in.

8. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

Oh that's so annoying

9. Tula&Iver~cavs

Tula&Iver~cavs PetForums VIP

Luckily ours is still standing ... Touch wood :rolleyes:

Next doors shed felt is now in our garden.
    OH just had a phone call from one of our neighbors (one door down) asking for his help as his fence that leads onto the main road has blown down and was laying on the footpath, they are now out in the cold wind trying to put it up so his Samoyed Solo doesn't decide to take himself for a walk :rolleyes:

10. speug

speug PetForums VIP

I lost a couple of fence panels on Tuesday - resurrected a low makeshift fence with the biggest bits yesterday but that smashed in the wind last night so nothing there now except debris. I forgot and let Angus out to play while I was getting changed earlier remembered and rushed out to find him sitting with a ball watching a cat prowling round next door's garden through the gap where the fence used to be. I asked him if he wanted to come for a walk and he immediately ran round to the gate - obviously the only way to get out of the garden is through the gate, it's a good job collies like to stick to the rules like that.

11. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

For anyone whose fence panels have gone leaving your gardens insecure, that orange barrier netting used round groundworks and building sites is quite cheap from DIY stores if there's a fence panel shortage. I used it when I moved house and there was no fencing at all until I had some put up, and it kept the dogs in even if it does look fairly horrible.

12. Cloud&JaysMum

Hubby has managed to make safe and secure temporarily the lower level of the garden so at least the dogs can go out and pee ;) ........ He has tidied up the upper level and temporarily fixed some of the upper level for safety reasons...... there is a huge gaping hole in one side. My neighbour has kindly offered to help towards the cost of the fencing and so hopefully this weekend we will be able to get the 8 panels needed for that side...... and I just hope the other side doesn't go :rolleyes:

13. Lexiedhb

Lexiedhb Team Ginger!

Mine has gone too- not top on the priority list of the landlord it would seem....

14. Cloud&JaysMum

my neighbours private rent and both sides of theirs has gone down .... their landlord has told them they won't pay for any of it !!!

15. Lexiedhb

Lexiedhb Team Ginger!

Really? I would be making sure I took down any repairs I had to pay for myself!!

16. Cloud&JaysMum

To be fair they have made numerous improvements to the house, including spending over 700 pounds cleaning out the garden of rubbish and laying down a patio etc ....... and all they have had is grieve...... they have said much more and they will move out and make sure they leave the place the way it was when they moved in.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice