Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Nutrabio alternative

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by franilou, Aug 6, 2021.

1. franilou

franilou PetForums Junior

Hi there!

I have a 6 year old boy who has a delicate digestive system. He has to have specific food, cannot even have treat without getting the poops (he still has treat time, but the treat are just his specific biscuits, he's non the wiser haha).

Now and again, he gets off days where he get the poops for no apparent reason, all I can put it down to is change of seasons as silly as it sounds. Every time, he goes to he vets, he's fine and they prescribe he Nutrabio which settles him down, and no more poops!

So, we are wondering if anyone knows of a similar product to the Nutrabio, as our vets will not let us have it without the vet trip (which is a waste of money as each time, he's absolutely fine, just needs the Nutrabio)

Cannot get the Nutrabio online, and even though the website says you can purchase it from any stockist without being registered, non of the stockists will honor this, frustratingly.

2. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

3. franilou

4. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

I would contact them and ask why you can't get it

5. franilou

I already have done, they advise you can get it from any of their stockists without being registered and without prescription. However, non of the stockists seem to follow this rule! So frustrating! and you cannot buy it online. I found only one site that sold it online, they then cancelled the order because I wasn't a registered customer at their practice. When I pointed out that NutraVet say it can be purchased with out being registered etc, they just ignored me!

This is why I am just after an alternative similar product that other people may be using that can be easily purchased.

6. lillytheunicorn

lillytheunicorn PetForums VIP

franilou likes this.
  7. franilou

Thank you so much for these suggestions! Also, I never even thought of doing an ingredients comparison what a fab idea. Hopefully il remember to do that in the future.

I actually think we've had the Pro-Kalin before, many moons ago when he was first starting with his gut issues. Pretty sure it was effective, but il run it past my other half when he's back from work to make sure. I think it's what our vets used before the Nutravets line actually.

8. lillytheunicorn

lillytheunicorn PetForums VIP

Our vets use an in-house brand of probiotic paste but when we were going through a lot of it when we had campylobacter, it was our vet who suggested finding a Montmorillonite clay powder to add to their diet.

The kaolin/ montmorillonite is to absorb toxins and excess water.

Beta-glucans is a yeast contains lots of b-vitamins to help with energy and immune system.

the MoS & FOS are prebiotics to support the good bacteria in the gut.

Prebiotics are commonly E.Faecium in vet products but a lot here (me included) use the human probiotic Bioglan which contains Lactobaccilus Acidophilus. These help replace the good bacteria needed for a healthy gut.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice