Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Now what do I do?!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Animalfan, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Animalfan

Animalfan PetForums Senior

Ok so my boy is coming up for 14, he’s getting old and I’m struggling to deal with it. Im a super anal puppy mama!
    He has arthritis which he takes Yumove advance for, he also takes Aktivait for his senior moments, at Christmas he was diagnosed with early stage kidney failure, which literally crushed my heart. Under the advice of the vet he started taking Fortekor and we changed his diet to Hills K/d, his results last month had worsened slightly so he now uses Ipakitine too.

Now to the point, the Hills food recall! Im absolutely terrified and any trust I had has swiftly f****d off!
    Hills uk aren’t recalling k/d (as of yet) but everywhere else its been recalled. My batch numbers don’t match to any I can see advertised but I’m literally panicking wondering what I should do?!?!

Please advise if possible I’m desperate and have brain fog because of the worry

2. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Cook for him yourself? You could batch cook and freeze.
    And although it's not an affected batch or type, it's clear that Hills haven't been independently checking the quality and specification of the ingredients in ANY of their foods.
    The herb Milk Thistle is mainly used for liver problems but can also help with kidneys, from something I read a while back.

Lurcherlad and Animalfan like this.
  3. BlueJay

BlueJay Made of bones

Burrowzig likes this.
  4. Animalfan

Animalfan PetForums Senior

I have no issue cooking for him myself im just terrified of getting it wrong. I’ve lost all faith in hills now, and i feel so sorry for those who have trusted them, payed a fortune for food promised to improve life and have ended up losing their beloved pet. I have an appointment booked with my vet tonight to discuss other diet options, its just a risk I’m not willing to take with my darling boy.

5. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice