Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

November weather forcast!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Mum to Missy, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Mum to Missy

Mum to Missy PetForums VIP

2. sharonchilds

sharonchilds PetForums VIP

:eek:
    Looks like i need to order a spid hat then!

3. Cheryl89

Jesus, hoping it'll be okay in Essex, hate driving in snow :(

4. Mum to Missy

Mum to Missy PetForums VIP

I think Spid may need to get knitting :D

I'm just hoping it's wrong as I'm expecting my own little snow storm at the end of November :D

5. sharonchilds

sharonchilds PetForums VIP

Me too, i hate the stuff! Oh no, we dont want it to interfere with your snowball coming :D

6. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

Glad I've got my order in!

Ohhhh I hate it too Cheryl - tiny roads around here and there's a HUGE hill between here & work that is terrible when it's icy, let alone when there's snow :( (it's unfortunately not the main road anymore as they built a dual carriageway BUT didn't put an entrance/exit onto it for our village :( so we still have to use the old road - OK in summer as it's quiet but h*ll in winter as it's not cleared / gritted as well & there's not the volume of traffic to keep it clear)

I also had to switch to an automatic car last year (failed surgery on left foot & can't use the clutch anymore :() and it's really hard to stop in the snow/ice (I used to be able to stop the manual without hitting the brakes at all if I needed too).

Buses are awful - mile+ walk to the stop (difficult in snow/ice) and they cancel them when the weathers' bad - so have been known to get to work & then can't get home :eek: so I hate using them in case this happens

Better go a re-stock check of the pets stuff ..... and get another order in ..... we didn't have deliveries (food, mail, online stuff - anything!) for nearly a month in the last bad winter :(

7. LisaandPatch

LisaandPatch PetForums Member

My husband mentioned this yesterday so we have made sure our 3 kids have snow boots ready for it, otherwise we normally leave it till the snow arrives and then the shops are empty. No driving once it comes as our road is a cul-de-sac so no gritting and like an ice rink and can't get cars up the small hills by school either.

Good excuse to order from zooplus again at the end of the month, so I am stocked up for November for Patch. Wouldn't want to have to get her brands in the shops versus the good stuff!

Think I will pop over now and start decided which brands to buy and try and what saver packs to get! AC is going down a treat! and once on this completely we have Grau and CFF to try. Lovely way to spend a wet Sunday.

8. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

Well, my boy's going to put a nice big coat on then, as he refuses to stayin the indoor part of his run! yippee!

9. AnnC

AnnC PetForums Member

Well since they struggle to get two days weather in advance right I will believe this forecast if and when it happens.
    Fortunately however I have some holidays booked from work in Nov.;)

10. Ianthi

Ianthi PetForums VIP

This happened in November 2010 as well and continued for a few months. I never saw so much snow lingering around for so long, before. Gritting was confined to the main roads but secondary and tertiary ones (plus pavements) were impossible.

However, some of these 'predictions' don't always turn out to be true! :)

11. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

Must remember to buy an extra bag of dishwasher salt and leave it in the car....this got me out of a nasty skid a couple of winters ago!

12. mellowyellow

mellowyellow PetForums Member

You've got to be kidding me. This weather had better keep away till December I'm going to Florida on the 11th of November and I've been counting down to this holiday for nearly two years!!!!!!
    I've no intension of being one of those people stranded at a snowed in gatwick airport thank you very much:eek::eek:

13. Wiz201

Wiz201 PetForums VIP

I'll believe it when I see it, I never believe what the daily fail says about the weather. My winter tyres will be getting put on at the beginning of November but that's just normal anyway. They are wonderful for the icy/snowy bits and it means I can get to work safely even when the gritters hadn't been able to get to some bits. My doc martin boots (brilliant on ice) will be ready for winter too. Have had them for two years now and never fallen on ice with them.

14. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

I seem to recall predictions of a dire summer this year - I believe the winter prediction when it happens.

15. Forester

Forester trained by Dylan

I wouldn't take any notice of it considering which paper it is in. They regularly make sensational predictions about the weather which don't seem to ever come true. I think that they do it when they haven't got anything else to put on the front page.

16. munchkinpie

munchkinpie PetForums VIP

I seen this the other day fingers crossed I get to the supreme

17. Jansheff

Jansheff PetForums VIP

I also remain sceptical. Nothing about it on the met office website.

I don't mind a bit of snow to ring the changes though! As long as I don't have to go anywhere I can't stand driving in it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice