Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Note through neighbours door

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by rona, Apr 28, 2017.

1. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Muddy has just had an altercation with a cat in the garden. Cat owner out, so we don't know how it is :(

Ruddy things keep coming in a shitting in the garden :mad: They didn't come in when Alfie was alive
    Don't think this one will be back in a hurry

2. cbcdesign

cbcdesign PetForums VIP

$^&^%$$$ annoying isn't it? If our dogs did that in the offending cat owners garden ......................

Aahlly, Sled dog hotel and rona like this.
  3. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

How annoying. Hope the cat isn't hurt and just a bit shook up. Hopefully it'll teach it a bit of a lesson to avoid your garden.

We have a young cat who keeps coming into our yard to watch the ferrets. The dogs go rushing out like loons each time to chase it off and I've squirted it with the hosepipe a half dozen times when it's been trying to get into the ferret enclosure when I'm in with them. So annoying.

Lurcherlad and rona like this.
  4. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

I'm not saying nuffin.....

:p

Happy Paws2 and rona like this.
  5. rona

I've had a cat, a different cat actually come indoors, it came and looked in the door once when Muddy was here but they obviously didn't see each other because just 3 days later it came in :rolleyes:

Thank goodness Muddy wasn't here that day!

SusieRainbow likes this.
  6. jamat

jamat PetForums VIP

My wife deals with our next door neighbours cat s poo in a very simple way when they are out she takes a small spade and flicks the poo onto their patio so they get to clean it up... Once heard them telling the cat off for sh*ting on the patio :)

7. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

:Hilarious

My hedges are quite high, not sure I'd get it over. Last thing I want is it falling out of the branches.....

rona likes this.
  8. Elles

Elles PetForums VIP

You need some cat rollers.

9. TeddyMum

TeddyMum Mum to Teddy and Matilda xx

I hope the poor cat is ok.

Bob Ford likes this.
  10. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

Hope the cat is OK.

You could try natural cat repellent, though I am surprised the smell of Muddy didn't put the cat off.

11. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Even knowing there is a cat hating lurcher living in my house isn't enough to completely deter the local cats from my garden ;)

Jack did have an altercation with one at quarters close enough for the cat to scratch his nose :( I told the cat's owner and that she should check him over just in case - he was fine. Have seen him in the garden after that though so he hasn't learned a lesson! :rolleyes:

Tbh I don't stress about it - the odd bit of cat poo in the garden gets dealt with the same as Jack's, I have a quick check before letting him out and if I ever see the cats in my garden I shoo them out - can't do much more really.

I love cats and if not for Jack I would be making a fuss of them tbh :)

12. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

Next doors cat comes in our garden and tries it's paw at fishing in the pond and stalking the bird table
    Chilli goes mad and chases it off, now it sits on the fence looking for her and if it can't see her comes in again, if it sees her it runs of pretty quickly

We have had to put a net over the pond to keep the fish safe

Lurcherlad and Sled dog hotel like this.
  13. Matrod

Matrod Moderator
    Staff Member

My neighbours cats used to come in my garden & hunt the birds, whenever I saw them I would run out hissing, clapping my hands & waving my arms about to scare them off. It did take time but they very rarely come in now & if they do the mere glimpse of me sends them running!

Lurcherlad and Sled dog hotel like this.
  14. Bob Ford

Bob Ford Pickle the Mud Monster,

I have 5 cats so our garden is alien cat free there was a kitten that kept coming in the cat flap Pickle would chase it about catch it & then present this bedraggled kitten to me poor pussy cat looked decidedly grumpy, I don't know what happened to it as I haven't see it around for a couple of months.

rona likes this.
  15. oliviarussian

oliviarussian Meeoow!

Have you heard anything from the neighbours yet Rona?

rona likes this.
  16. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

I'll probably get shot down for this, but it's Muddy's garden so not his fault, although it's the neighbourly thing to do to inform the owners & I do hope the cat wasn't harmed.

We've got a white possibly feral cat which has recently moved in round here, so far it's just been peering over from next door but I hope that's as far as it goes as Rogue will definitely try & get it if it comes in our garden :(

She's OK with ours but outside she sees cats as fair game.

VickynHolly, Aahlly, rona and 5 others like this.
  17. rona

Yes, her cat is fine but she said it may not have been hers, there's a very similar cat that lives a little farther away that it may have been. Neither of us knows which house it actually comes from, so can't check :(

18. oliviarussian

oliviarussian Meeoow!

Well hopefully he/she is fine and has learned their lesson!

rona and Lurcherlad like this.
  19. SpringDance

SpringDance PetForums VIP

Not all cats... my garden's cat proofed to keep her in...

rona likes this.
  20. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Although I hope the cat is Ok of course, I know how annoying it is, one in particular keeps coming into ours (either its very brave or totally stupid) and Nan in particular seems to detect itsabout and wants to go out all the time, I'm sure it winds her up, plus its ripped the netting on the pond to shreads because it keeps trying to get my carp so that's a worry they will get injured. This one belongs to my neighbour, and I dread to think whats going to happen one day, because with madam here I know exactly what shes like and capable of.

rona and Lurcherlad like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice