Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Not wanting to walk

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Athena*, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Athena*

Athena* PetForums Newbie

Hi,

My 18 month old pup has for some reason started to dislike walking, we usually take her on two 30 minute walks a day.

A couple of days ago my boyfriend had to pick her up on the way back from a walk because she refused to walk any further.

Today I go to take her out for a short walk and she’s hiding in her bed and won’t come out, I finally get her out and she just sat near the front door not wanting to move. I gave in as didn’t want to force her to walk.

I took her to dog meet yesterday and she was fine, running around, playing no fuss at all.

I think she might be getting poorly... :(

2. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

Has anything happened whilst you've been out that could have scared her?

Have you checked her collar and harness to see whether they're comfortable and aren't chafing anywhere like under her chin or armpits?

I remember once one of my dogs suddenly started refusing to go out for a walk and it was only after a time I realised it was because for some reason I was putting her harness on back to front! Once I'd put it on correctly again she was perfectly happy!

What makes you think your dog is getting poorly? If you're worried then take her to the vet for a check up.

Lurcherlad and lullabydream like this.
  3. Athena*

Athena* PetForums Newbie

Not that I can think of, she normally walks really well and nothing has scared her as far as I’m aware.

She did get attacked by a cat yesterday at a family members house but walked fine after and she wasn’t hurt.

She is sleeping quite a lot and doesn’t seem herself, we have given it a day or two but I still feel she isn’t herself, we’ve got an appointment with the vets so hopefully they can shed some light.

We both work and often take her out before we leave, maybe she correlates the two.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice