Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

not using the cat tray

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by traceyella, Jan 20, 2008.

1. traceyella

traceyella PetForums Newbie

:confused Can you please help I have just recently had my female cat of 8 months spayed and she had the stitches out on Friday. Since the operation she has stopped using her litter tray which is placed in the bathroom and she has started using the bath mat. If I put the cat mat on the side of the bath to stop her, she uses the floor and then pulls the bath mat down to cover it.

2. It could be that she's got some urinal infection . Or - just hormones settling down...Or - you might need a second tray - as most of cars use two different trays for different...hm...purposes.

3. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

Could be she's a bit to tender to even raise her paws as well as maybe feeling a little sorry for herself,hence this could be the reason for "standing and shaking" so to speak, as opposed to squatting,concentrating,and burying,with as little effort as possible:)At least she is doing it right next to the bath which tells you(like you needed telling:rolleyes::))that she's a smart girl and a clean one too-she could have done it somewhere that you might en have found it til it smelt bad or that you didn't find it and still smelt it,check her scar and see what you think-if your not sure but still worried just phone the surgery and speak to the vet,it was only Friday so see what happens:) Try not to worry to much though,i'm sure she'll be burying her dumps and wet ones again in no time:)

4. may

may PetForums VIP

I also think she may have a slight urinal infection :(
    and as Elena said some cats wee in the tray then do a poo in another tray :rolleyes: Some cats use a tray once and then wont use it again until you change it :rolleyes: OOOOh the joys of fussy cats :D :D

5. traceyella

traceyella PetForums Newbie

Thanks everyone for your help. I put down a second cat tray nearer the door and it turned out that she preferred this one and as soon as she was allowed out she has stopped using both trays (and the bath mat) and will only do her business outside, which I think is fantastic.
    Once again, thanks everyone.

6. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

Result:D Knew she was a clever girl:D Take it all is well with her scar?:) Well done to you Tracyella for taking notice and listening to her,sometimes (I know i have) we think they mean a whole range of things and totally miss what they're actually saying.

7. may

may PetForums VIP

Result!!!!! great news :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice