Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

not sure if mid is feeding

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by frags, Jul 5, 2009.

1. frags

frags PetForums VIP

the kits seem ok but dont have a very round tum although there not wrinkly so im not sure if she is feeding them for long enough or if she has fed last night at all.
    if tomoro they are looking more wrinkly i will have to take them out and try to hand rear.
    come on mid get ya boobies out and fed young lady!!

2. toddy

toddy PetForums Senior

Only step in if you are 110% sure they are not being fed as handreared rabbits have a very poor survival rate.
    I would think if they are all still alive after this time she must have some milk or you would have some dying by now.
    If you are in any doubt the best time to check them is early morning to see if they are warm and round bellied.
    I would weigh them if yo uare in any doubt to double check before trying to handrear.

3. frags

frags PetForums VIP

they seem roundish today and all still alive so looking good. i think itc cos there so tiny (alot smaller than lilys litters) that maybe there not suckling as well as they should be at mo.

4. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

Hope they are all ok? im not sure but are first litter usually smaller? x

5. frags

frags PetForums VIP

all ok this morning and looking round.
    i have 4 whites (probably albino's)
    then looks like
    2 black otter
    1 black self
    1 blue otter or opal

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice