Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

not quite sure!!

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by steph2010, May 31, 2010.

1. steph2010

steph2010 PetForums Junior

Hi to all again, sorry to be asking more questions...

My little gypsy was in her nesting box for quite a few hours (5 or more) friday and saturday night and during the day she was walking about as if she wasnt too sure a bit nervous but then she hasnt looked at it all day today or yesterday afternoon, her tummy does seem to have dropped as she looks a bit thin at the back legs were she used to be pretty rounded, also late last night she was walking around the top landing making a sort of short, loud and deep purr(hard to descibe in word):lol: and while she was doing that she was going crazy digging in her litter tray (had not long cleaned it out) i moved her away from it but she went back to it in about 3 minutes and started doing it again then she came downstairs and lay on the rug for 2 seconds then got up as though she got a fright then lay down and she down this a couple of times while making the wierd purr sound...today she hasnt eaten much at all or slept for very long she just lays on her tummy with her eyes closed a little bit and not trying to go to sleep...then when i was putting my daughter to bed gypsy was kinda laying in all of her pajamays,

i had her at the vet 2 weeks ago and he said that she was about 6 weeks which would put her at 8 weeks today(i worked it out to be 57 days) does anyone think that the vet could be wrong by a week???

Also do you notice every cats waters break?? as she is clening herself all the time if she isnt laying down...

sorry again..but do all these point to her getting close to give birth??

Thanks Steph

2. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

Hi Steph just read your post unfortunately I can't really answer any of your concerns but just wanted to reply and say my Geri is about to give birth any day and is doing some strange and different things which could be signs but not sure its all a big worry isn't it but just think when its all over we will have all the answers:lol:hope all goes well for you and yours.

Mo xx

3. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

Yes vets can certainly be wrong by a week, I have known then be wrong by a month. It certainly sounds as if the birth is imminent.

Liz

4. steph2010

just a quick question..what is the average days for a cat to give birth?:confused::

the vet said that she was 6 weeks and that was 2 weeks today putting her at 8 weeks, but when she was at the vet im sure she was further on than he said by about a week as he was in a rush to get me out (had alot of people to see) so then that would put her 9 weeks today, So am somewhere between day 56 and day 63..

i phoned the vet to see if i can get her in and checked but they dont hae an appointment until late next week..:frown:

thanks again steph

5. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

65 days. Don't expect the vet to be able to tell you when they are due.

Liz

6. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Vets cannot tell the date. When I took Misty at 6 weeks they asked if I was sure she wasn't due the following week, which I was but it made me quite anxious, she actually continued to go to 69 days, Vets look at the size, how kittens looks on scan etc but cannot tell for sure.

Cripes my Vet cannot even sex a kitten. :rolleyes:

7. steph2010

well gypsy spent another good few hours in her nesting box again last night, she only got out to have a slight nibble of her food and went back into it, she usually comes upstairs with me to go to bed and she is the first one on it but last night she stayed in it..

i do have one question: for the past 2 nights he has went to her litter tray a few times and not done anything but she will dig and scrape the litter like mad she will move all the litter to one end of the tray then scrape it all back again then move it to the other side again and this can go on for up to 20 minutes, does anyone have any idea as to why she is doing this as she never done it before??

she is due within this week:)

Thanks steph

8. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

Steph I think its maybe just the pregnancy thing makes them do strange things, I was up until 4am this morning with Geri cos she kept pacing about, going in her litter tray, howling at me and sniffing the floor all very odd behaviour so I thought oh maybe she is in labour this all went on for about 4 hours or so then all of a sudden she settled down and went to sleep, so no idea I'm afraid, but its enough to send us loopy I think:lol::lol: can't wait to see what tonight brings but I could do with a good nights sleep I know that, thinking of you and your mummy to be.

Mo xx

9. steph2010

Hi Mo

it only seems to be at night that she starts acting all strange purring, meowing, cleaning herself all over, digging in the cat tray, going in the box and staying there for hours and laying as if she is going to birth, stops eating, and wants petted all the time!!

But as soon as its morning time she is back to her normal pregnant self again her nipples are getting alot more pink and prominent but that is the only thing that changes with her from day to night..

Steph

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice