UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toby is going to be castrated.

He has Cryptorchidism (retained testicles). I was planning to wait until he was a little older but he has recently started to scent mark.
He is peeing on everything and i mean everything, including me :eek:
He is also annoying the other dogs by constantly trying to hump them :frown:

I knew that it would be a little bit more expensive but i was suprised when i found out how much.
They charge a standard castration fee which is £150.
They then charge for each testicle, dependant on there ease of removal.
The vet is 90% sure he can feel 1 in his groin area so that one is £35 extra. The other one is unknown so may cost £85.

So in all his castration could cost £270.

He is also having approx 12 retained puppy teeth removed. I have no idea how much they are going to charge for this but i will be shocked if i get a bill for less than £300 :eek:

All i can say is thank god for my bonus from work, as this should cover the cost of it all :)

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Toby is going to be castrated.

He has Cryptorchidism (retained testicles). I was planning to wait until he was a little older but he has recently started to scent mark.
He is peeing on everything and i mean everything, including me :eek:
He is also annoying the other dogs by constantly trying to hump them :frown:

I knew that it would be a little bit more expensive but i was suprised when i found out how much.
They charge a standard castration fee which is £150.
They then charge for each testicle, dependant on there ease of removal.
The vet is 90% sure he can feel 1 in his groin area so that one is £35 extra. The other one is unknown so may cost £85.

So in all his castration could cost £270.

He is also having approx 12 retained puppy teeth removed. I have no idea how much they are going to charge for this but i will be shocked if i get a bill for less than £300 :eek:

All i can say is thank god for my bonus from work, as this should cover the cost of it all :)
*hugs* try not to think about it too much and keep really busy on Thursday, Im sure he will be fine and bouncing around again in no time, give him a little hug from me.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Ollie had both testicles retained as well both were right up by the kidneys. He was fine and the hardest thing was stopping him racing around and jumping.The wound looked horrid but it didnt worry him just me so dont be horrified if he has more stitches than you expect. Keep busy on thursday and let us know how he is i will be wondering.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.