Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

not happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by alaun, Nov 19, 2010.

1. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

As some of you may remember my mum had a bad fall last week. I have been to see her every day. I pop in first thing in a morning and make sure she has a cuppa and some toast - she hasn't left her bedroom in nearly two weeks.

Today I get there and my brother has left me a letter! He has written it in a formal style like he is addressing a client - not his little sister.

I have got so angry and ended up sobbing and shaking. The git has said that he has been trying to ring all week and it is obvious that I am avoiding him! However (he says) HE is interested in mum's welfare and her needs. He has insinuated that because I haven't answered his calls I am not interested.

I am upset and livid because I told him to use my mobile as the house phone wasn't working. He has not tried anyone's mobile - just used the 'broken' house line. and then has gone away for the weekend - erm yeah I what about mum??? Lucky for him that I will be looking after her. :(

Sorry for the rant - needed to get that off my chest.

Be warned I may be getting drunk after that - so there may be soppy posts later on.:eek:

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

The expression "you can choose your friends but you cant choose your family" is so true so many times, I love my family but if we werent related I doubt we would ever be friends. I think its important that you tell him how hes made you feel when he gets back, for now try not to let it upset you too much (easier said than done:().

3. Spellweaver

Spellweaver PetForums VIP

I'd be straight onto his mobile to tell him how you feel - and to tell him that if he was that interested in finding out how his mum was he could have done what you did and visited her every day!

Stupid man - don't let him spoil your weekend hun.

4. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

Your brother is just being an arse. He'll feel guilty when he gets back and you ask him if he lost your mobile number! Don't let him get you down, brothers always pick on sisters, and you're doing a grand job looking after your mum! :thumbup:

5. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

Unfortunately I let my anger and upset get the better of me. I replied to his letter by text. He seems to think that because he's made 2 phonecalls to social services to find out how WE can help her he feels he has done more.
    He seems to have forgotten which one of us was prepared to convert part of our house in to a granny flat! We both have a garage at ground level under the house, I have looked into converting, but he can't because his wife uses the computer in there.:rolleyes:

I guess I've made things worse by responding - i should have calmed down first. CR has just phoned on his way from work and when I told him what had been said he was livid too.

I told my brother that he should send me the info he has by letter too as I don't want to speak to him right now!!! Not helpful! :(:eek:

6. Ditsy42

Ditsy42 PetForums VIP

Awe that's not nice, me and my bro don't speak, we have just never got on really, 2 different (which is a good thing) :D

The main thing is your mum knows u r there and u r doing your best, it always seems 2 fall 2 female family members 2 sort these things out, chin up and have a glass on me, i'll b popping a red cork soon, so pleased it's Friday :)

7. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

Thanks guys. Xx Strange that - that's the exact word I used to describe him too. We haven't got on for a while, but when we spent all night at the hospital we got on okay, now it looks like things have gone back to how they were before...probably worse because I stood up for myself this time.

8. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

Cheers I think I'll start on this white and have some of your red in a bitXX:thumbup:

Sorry, I don't normally come on here sobbing, don't often need to - I guess I'm more tired running round than I realised. :eek:

9. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

Pity about your bro, stupid man, selfish and ***, just hope your mum gets better, ignore the git, not your fault, do not waste your time on him...
    best wishes

10. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Sending ya a Aussie hug mate :)
    get me a beer after ya been down there will ya :D :scared:

11. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Bloody family eh?:mad:
    Hope your mum is ok:)

12. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

Thank you Xx

Had a text from him - he reckons he never implied that!!! Never apologised for what he did say either...I haven't replied. I figured I'm not in the best place to say anything reasonable to him yet.

I had to stop CR from texting him and telling him never to use his mobile number ever again!!! He was sooooooooo cross!

As usual a good glass (or several) of wine has really helped! :thumbup:

13. rona

rona Guest

Been there several times with my sisters when mum has been bad.
    Afraid you just have to swallow hard, grit your teeth and try and be polite or the person that suffers is your mum :(

14. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

*Hugs* Hon, just ignore him! And concentrate on your Mum, she is the one that is important not some attention seeking halfwit! ( Sorry, but I can't help but compare him to my own brothers who are both arses! )

You have CR, you don't need him and his crap! Waste of time...

I've been much happier since I stopped trying with my brothers.. I never see them for a start, unless they want something! Last time I saw my one brother was my birthday! He knocked on the door, asked to see Jon, talked to Jon about his car and buggered off again :rolleyes: I didn't even get a happy b'day off him :( Even a 'How are ya sis, how are the boys?' would of been nice :( But no, selfish bastard just wanted advice off Jon about his car :mad: This happens all the time, if it's not his car it's his computer, and I get ignored :(

My older bro is ok, at least he will come and have a coffee with me and we'll chat about ****... Still have my issues with him mind, but hey ho, at least he's interested in me and my life.

Ooops sorry hon, went off on a bit of a rant :eek:

15. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

He's just being a typical man :rolleyes:

he isn't worth your upset, forget about him and focus on your mum - you know you're doing more than him and that's all that matters, he can think what he likes because it's obvious who's doing all the real caring xx

16. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

My sister refuses to call me on my mobile as well. I've explained how my dog's always pulling the wire out of the landline socket, and sometimes it can be days before I know about it. I always keep my mobile handy, but she won't call me on it even though she's always going on about how many free minuites she's got!
    It really is true about not being able to choose your family so try not to let your brothers attitude get to you too much.Look after yourself and your Mum.(hugs)

17. forgotten~myth

forgotten~myth PetForums VIP

Me and my lil brother looked after her.:( I was so angry that someone had upset her like that.:mad:

sequeena likes this.
  18. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

Cheers guys, poor miss shelley too. It looks like I'm not at alone with rubbish brothers.

We used to get on really great, but he's changed alot since he met his wife. He's even turned religious when he was atheist before.

I feel a bit better this morning - apart from headache. :thumbup:

19. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Alaun I'm sorry your brother is being a shite!

My own family have decided they want nothing to do with me :( Sucks but I've moved on.

20. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

You did look after me thank you.

They also look after grandma too - they call in after school every day to see how she is and make her drinks and toast.

You're such good kids (sorry Turkeylad but its true) :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice