Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Not going down without a fight!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zaros, May 23, 2010.

1. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

I’m told they say that all things are fair in love and war.

So, chin up, now he knows what pain and suffering is all about perhaps he might stop inflicting it on animals. Although I doubt it because, unlike the bull he wantonly tormented to death, he'll live to fight another day! :frown:

Matador Escapes Death By Skin Of His Teeth Video - Yahoo! News UK

2. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

aw yeah I wont watch the vid I hate bull fighting etc :( But I hope his next near death experience with an animal he tortures is a final one ;)

3. Zaros

I think it would be more equal if they handicapped the matador before he entered the ring. Perhaps blind him in one eye or break the fingers of one hand or a wrist maybe. How about an ankle or just knee cap him in one leg?
    The possibilities are endless! ;)

1 person likes this.
  4. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

"A matador cheated death by millimetres when the beast he was tormenting rammed its horn straight through his chin and out through his mouth."

I actually feel sorry for him. That must have hurt to say the least, and he'll be scarred for life, possibly handicapped.

:confused1:

5. Zaros

I have no pity at all for those who think it's fine to willfully abuse animals in the name of entertainment for the equally abusive and ignorant masses. He should consider himself fortunate at the very least for having his life spared. It's not what he deserved. :mad:

Waterlily likes this.
  6. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

i agree with you here, when i was back packing round spain (about 10 yrs ago) i joined in many protests outside the rings but never once could i bring myself to go in and even watch for a second. its not sport its just violence and abuse to the poor animal :mad:

7. Savahl

Savahl Guest

As they say, play with fire and your going to get burnt.

Yes it probably did hurt, but its a risk he takes everytime he chooses to enter a bullfighting ring, and everytime he chooses to torment an animal powerful enough to do alot of damage, even if it has been "slowed down" beforehand.

Go team Bull ;)

8. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Thats his own fault aint it ;) I have no mercy for anyone who does what he does :mad:

#8 Waterlily, May 23, 2010
    Last edited: May 23, 2010
  9. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Yeah team bull :thumbup: :lol:

10. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

Don't you guys feel anything? Did you watch the video?

The guy was trying to earn a living to feed a family.

Have a little human empathy.

11. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I'm sure the sport would be much better if people had thrown spears at the matador.:eek6:

12. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

OH wow did you see it come out of his mouth,, how cool that bull got his own back,, I hope they put that poor animal down quickly and humainly after that..

raise a glass to that bull with me ... well done matie..

but on a serious note ,, i thought this had all stopped?

13. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

There are many ways to earn a living without tormenting an animal and I know I have lived in Spain imo he asked for all he got and no and dont have any sympathy for someone who torments an animal when its already in pain with spears stuck in its flank he deserved all he got and more In the end he will live the Bull did not:mad:

14. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

forgot to say yes i did watch the video

15. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

I doubt they would have done it humanely after that :(

16. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

i watched the video..saw the bull with them spears hanging out of its side... when the guy got a horn through the chin i'll admit..it made me cringe...i didn't feel any pity though.

17. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

So because this involved a bull, the guy deserved it?

What if he was injured in such a horrific way because he jumped over the fence to save a child from the bull? Would that be different? Would this thread be different?

It's suggested he find another way to manage his finances purely down to compassionate reasons. Should we really base every financial decision we make on compassion?

18. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

To honest if he did jump a fence to help a child, i'd still question why any family would go to watch a bull fight and take their kids.If a child got hurt then thats down to the parents.I do wish they would stop this damn "sport".:(

19. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

I would be like OMG did you see that bloke save that kid and get injured, but maybe the bull wouldn't had been so angry if it didn't have all those spears sticking out of it,

But the horn coming out of the mouth was just like wow you just don't get to see something like that everyday, do you reckon he lost his tongue in the gauge.

20. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Yes agreed. Of course I wouldnt want a child hurt that would be terrible. Then the parents should be speared :mad: If people want to "enjoy" this type of sport then they need to suck it up when it turns bad. :mad:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice