UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bit worried about my male ginger cat... he uually eats everything and anything he can but he has not eaten much today- very little this morning and nothing this afternoon- he ha even turned his nose from the treats which he normally can not get enough of :(

·
Registered
16,253 Posts
Sorry to hear he's under the weather - is he drinking as it's really important that he stays hydrated?

Does he go out (he may have eaten something that doesn't agree with him)?

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much if one of mine didn't eat for a day providing they were drinking and were otherwise fine in themselves - but if not I'd be popping them to the vet for a check.

Hope he's better soon

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not seen him drinking as yet, he does go out yeah and has just gone back out..although he has spent most of the day just sitting or sleeping. Tried giving him a tiny bit of chicken, he ate a bit but then didn't want anymore

·
Registered
16,253 Posts
If you can, I'd try to get him back in so you can keep a close eye on him - I'm afraid one of the disadvantages of them going out is you've no idea if they're drinking or going to the loo (which can often be indications of how they're feeling).

You can check his hydration level by pinching (gently!) an inch of skin along his back and checking how quickly it goes back flat - if quick, he's hydrated, if slow, he's not.

If he's still not himself tomorrow (or gets worse), I'd be off to the vet. Fingers crossed he's fine in himself tomorrow.

·
Dad to Puss Puss and Shadow
4,844 Posts
http://www.petforums.co.uk/cat-health-nutrition/264022-should-i-concerned.html

Above is a link to my thread a couple of weeks ago and my Shadow just stopped eating and when I took him to the vet he had a slight temperature, he was put on Loxicom but after blood tests we couldn`t find out why it happened. He is fine now.
I would wait a see how he is and if still not eating after two days I would take him to the vet, but make sure he is hydrated. Keep him in so you are able to monitor him and you will also know that he is not eating anything outside.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you all for your input.. Sebastian did go out after while, when he came back in about an hour later he did have a bit of a temperature, but after another snooze he did eat a little and he has since got back to a healthy appetite. :)

·
Registered
16,253 Posts
Thanks for the update, fingers crossed it was just something he'd picked up and eaten outside that he maybe shouldn't have :eek: - I'd keep a close eye on him for the next few days just to make sure he's totally on the mend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.