Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Not cat-related, though Catweazle may have something to say about it..

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jiskefet, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

Tonight I went to a benefit concert for the Ronald McDonald Children's Fund by the Dordrecht Youth Philharmonic at the parking lot of the local McDrive. They had specially designed chairs made by the inmates of the prison, which were sold as a 'dinner-chair-concert arrangement'.
    So we bought chairs, had a few hamburgers, chips, a diet coke and a coffee, and enjoyed the concert.

As this was all in our neighbourhood, Catweazle might like to comment on the initiative in his column in the community paper. Though I am afraid he is going to complain they did not get him a hamburger in a specially designed catfood bowl :D

Attached Files:

2. Lunabuma

Lunabuma Owned by two Orientals

That's lovely - I am I reading this right, did your local McDonad's get involved? This would never happen in the UK!

3. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

The Ronald McDonald Fund is a charity run by McDonalds, they build accommodation next to children's hospitals for parents to stay while their children are in hospital. There is a Ronald McDonald House next to the children's hospital in Amsterdam and in Rotterdam, and I believe in Utrecht as well.

This concert was a fundraiser for the Ronald McDonald Fund, held by the local youthphil at the parking lot of the McDonalds, next to the McDrive, and you could buy a voucher for a concert chair (which you were allowed to take home) and a meal at the McDonalds.

The local prison, which is almost opposite the McDonalds, also sponsored the concert, as the inmates of the prison made the chairs and the prison donated them to the RMcD fund to be sold at the fundraiser. The entire venue was organised by the leader of the Phil and the owner of the McDonalds.

Edit:
    just checked, there are 10 Ronald McDonald houses in the Netherlands.

#3 Jiskefet, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice