Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Not another litter question!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by SimbaandNala, Jan 21, 2012.

1. SimbaandNala

SimbaandNala PetForums Junior

:eek:

Well actually, yes it is! I'm currently using tesco's clumping litter (I think it's either the 8 or 10kg bag). Sometimes it's great, however most of the time, even if I fill the trays deeply it's downright awful. It doesn't clump properly hence bits of wee end up covering the tray and the litter ends up smelling after 4 days.

Sooo I'm looking to change to something else...but I'm so confused with the options! Am I right in thinking the 'top 3' so to speak are Nature's Gold/Oko Plus/Worlds Best? What is the most cost efficient? I'm currently spending about £14-16 a month on the tesco litter for 2 cats. I'm not so concerned about the tracking, but the one that covers up the smells the best.

Thanks in advance.

2. Kat1703

Kat1703 PetForums Senior

Hello!

I use Nature Gold and it's £24.99 for 30L on Zooplus :) I used up about 25L filling two large open litter trays and one small litter tray for my two cats on the 3rd of Jan and have only had to top up a little bit since - I had about 6cm of litter in each tray though as per the package recommendations, will start off a bit shallower the next time I do a complete change as kitties prefer it not so deep. Think there's a few more weeks left in the litter yet before I do a complete change so compared to the Catsan Hygiene I was using where I was changing it completely twice a week :eek:, I think it will work out cheaper and it's certainly nice not having to change it so often!

Odour control is OK but not great - I did notice a difference with the Catsan Hygiene where I literally smelled nothing at all! But some Neutradol room gels around the house has helped a lot.

The clumps are massive which I think wastes quite a bit of litter, but am so happy that I've found something my kitties agree with, I'll put up with it! Tracking is minimal as well.

I haven't ever used Oko or World's Best so can't compare but I have read that Oko is more economical and clumps better than Nature Gold (the massive clumps with NG sometimes break up, but not often) but tracking is a bit of a nightmare - will let others comment on that though!

Hope that helps :)

3. claire & the gang

claire & the gang PetForums Senior

I use oko plus...I have 3 litter trays & a bag last about 2 months as I only have to top it up small amounts at a time. Its about £25 for a 40l bag. I have the rollable cat litter boxes that filter the litter so only the waste is removed couple times a day.

It clumps really well, good odour control and isn`t bad for tracking.:)

4. walkingcarpets

walkingcarpets PetForums Senior

Has anyone tried the 'friendly natural cat litter' made of straw, I am trying to work out whether it clumps and if made of straw, will it be fine as in texture. I have looked at the reviews and it seems to have the thumbs up. The funny thing is it is mint fragrance?

5. hayleyj08

hayleyj08 PetForums Junior

I use oko plus for my two, best we've had I reckon. Clumps really well, doesnt weigh a ton,controls odour pretty well - only cons are tracking (it does get everywhere!) and it can become a little dusty

6. Shadow And Lightning

Shadow And Lightning PetForums VIP

i use sanicat aloe vera, it has extra absorbancy, its really good actually, my two kittens loveeee it, i originally was using catsan but then after a visit to my sisters, who uses this litter, they got a liking for it and started refusing to use the one i had so had to buy it it

its also really good at masking the smells

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice