Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Not a picture taker!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by catz4m8z, Nov 23, 2012.

1. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

It seems like everyone has sooper dooper cameras and is always taking pictures of their pets on here. Surely I cant be the only one who just doesnt really think about taking photos??:confused::confused:
    I dont have many pet photos at all, no pictures up in my house and rarely even consider taking pictures with friends/family. In fact for the 3 years I was at college I only have 2 photos! (both taken at events by official photographers:eek:).

Anybody else not a big photo taker??:confused:
    (off to try and find camera and charger and see if it works before new puppy arrives!!LOL:eek:).

2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

I'd never pick up a camera until 3 years ago so it's still fairly new to me.

I find I'm now taking less and less but I like the fact about having a record of Alfie :)

3. Muze

Muze PetForums VIP

I've got hundreds on my laptop and tons more on memory cards, just too pricey to upload in any numbers..... it's nothing to do with the fact I'm a totally rubbish photographer!!

4. Robnsacha

Robnsacha Guest

Kinda know what u mean. I love looking at peoples pics of walks/puppys etc but never feel the urge to take any myself. Got a 4 gig memory card in my phone and filled it with just 7 photos of my dog. And i only like 3 of them.

5. Reverie

Reverie PetForums VIP

I took loads when Buffy was little but have got a bit lazy about it.

My camera is a rubbish point and shoot though, I can't afford a nice one, and it seems mad to spend that on a camera just to take pictures of Buffy-dog. :p

6. Beth17

Beth17 PetForums VIP

I love taking pictures of my boys and having a record of their life although only started this at the beginning of the year when I got a fairly decent camera. Rarely take pictures of anything else and I am almost never photographed :)

7. 8tansox

8tansox PetForums VIP

I take lots of pictures of my dogs, I just don't post them here.:D

8. Gertrude

Gertrude PetForums VIP

I very rarely take a camera out with me, but since I had a decent camera on my phone I use that instead, so easy to upload to PB too so easier all round, thats the only reason I take more pics now :)

9. Leanne77

Leanne77 PetForums VIP

I was never a big fan of photos, always found them boring but then I started going to alot of car shows, motorsport events and got into photography that way. Nowadays I just photograph scenery, wildlife and the dogs. I cant take photos of humans for love nor money though!

10. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

I`m not a big photo taker, I sometimes remember to take camera out with me but then forget to take any photos:eek:

11. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

I like taking photo's of the pets :) I love looking back on how little they were and how they have changed. I think my "animals" album has into the 1000's of photo's in it (off to check!) I would be upset if I lost the pet photo's - have just lost alot of other ones but not too worried about them! - as its like I guess parents are with baby photo's :p

I did a christmas photoshoot on Weds with the rabbits/guinea pigs and took 424 before I edited them out and got it down to about 100 or so lol - between 11 animals.

*Heidi*

12. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I take heaps of pics! With my camera, and my phone. I have thousands of pics of the dogs.

When they are gone, pictures are lasting memories, I am really sad that I only have a handful of my Roxy dog, and that prompted me to make sure I have lots of my dogs.

I mean of course, it is easy to think about them when they are gone, but it's not the same as looking at the capture of a moment is it?

13. astara

astara PetForums Senior

i want to get into taking photos but my camera old and i need a new one cant afford 1 rite now so i put on my wish list for future :D

14. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

My camera is never far away from me, I always regret not taking photos of my past dogs, but that was in the old days of having to have them developed, so now I take every picture I can of my dog, then just delete ones I dont want:D

Im on my 5th digital camera now:eek:

15. dorrit

dorrit PetForums VIP

I carry my camera around quite often I love just snapping away at things and sometimes the odd gem of a photo will pop out..

I have loads of photos of the dogs and when the children were little the camera was never without film (olden days) the only person there are no photos of is me! :eek:

16. BlueBeagle

BlueBeagle PetForums VIP

I am also a rubbish photograph taker :eek:

I always forget to take the camera, or the photos are awful, or I forget to upload them from the camrea to the computer. I have loads of photos of holidays as that is when OH remembers to bring the camera along.

Not sure I will ever change though!

ETA: I would love to see photos of your lot though :biggrin:

17. Locadia

Locadia PetForums Newbie

I tend to use my phone camera to take lots of pictures of the kids and the horses, I do take pictures of the dogs but not as much they move to fast so never come out very good.. I do like to take photos though of everything I have thousands on my phone that I need to sort through!

18. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

I rarely take the DSLR out, most of my photo's are just snapped on my phone :)

19. jayne5364

jayne5364 PetForums VIP

I had a couple of gorgeous dogs in earlier years that had no photo's of, this is before digital camera's lol. I never had a decent camera or the funds to have them processed. Same with my kids, hardly any decent pictures to look back on.
    I have thousands of pictures of my grandkids, the dogs I have now and my great dane. I treated myself to a lovely new camera a few months ago and take it out a little more often now.

20. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

You should :)

I dont really do photos, i forget to take my camera so if there is something i really want a pic of ill take it on my phone. Which is crazy because i love looking at peoples photos on here and ive even got a decent camera because i really love photography as a thing to do :eek:

I dont have any photos up in the house, very rarely get them developed, they are all on a hard drive and a memory card for if i want to look at them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice