UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I assume you have a small dog? Would cost me around £230 a month to feed Spen that!

Doesn't look bad though. Not well up on wet foods but there are none of the things I specifically avoid in that one.
WOW! :eek: No wonder you don`t feed it!
Yes I am getting a Westie :)
Even I wouldn`t be even to afford it full time, I will feed naturediet and wainwrights trays mainly, If I do decide on wet but probably feeding raw and looking for kong stuffers :)
Just worked out if I feed a westie 1 can a day on it it will cost approx £55 a month!

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
Looks good at first glance - having a dog that eats up to 2kg per day.....it would cost me a fortune!! I'll stick to my £12 / month on raw :D.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good at first glance - having a dog that eats up to 2kg per day.....it would cost me a fortune!! I'll stick to my £12 / month on raw :D.
Would cost you approx £150 a month ;)
Then double that for when Rudi is an adult too :)

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
Would cost you approx £150 a month ;)
Then double that for when Rudi is an adult too :)
I had assumed the cans were a standard 400g - so £10 / day or around 310 squids per month :eek:.

·
Banned
12,847 Posts
I won 72 tins of it - and I will definitely buy more when it's gone.

Very high meat content, no grains and the dogs adore it - it reminds me very much of Lily's Kitchen. I only use it as a Kong stuffer, on rotation with other wets, so cost isn't really a problem for our usage - but it would be extortionate to feed a dog on it full time!

·
Registered
39,229 Posts

·
Registered
15,290 Posts
I had assumed the cans were a standard 400g - so £10 / day or around 310 squids per month :eek:.
I went by the feeding guide of 4 cans a day and added enough for 30 days to my basket. £234 it came to. Don't think we'll be feeding that somehow lol. Suppose it wouldn't be bad to stuff his Kongs with but I think hubby'd divorce me if I started spending £200+ on food for the dog :blink:

Can't believe how cheap raw is for most people. Cheapest I can get it to is 50 euros for about 6 weeks worth of food.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I like the look of it - have looked at it a couple of times at shows but never bought any because of the price :eek:

To feed my guys on it would be approx 6 cans daily so £12 daily :yikes: May get a few cans for Kc at Discover Dogs if they have it cheaper :D

I do like the look of the Photoforce Mobility but not only is it expensive, it doesn't even tell you what herbs are in it :nono:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have you looked at Ziwipeak? It's dehydrated raw. The cans are even more expensive than this food so not recommending them (although they're amazing) but I swear by the dry. Kenzie weighs 5kg and a 1kg bag costs about 17 pounds in your money and lasts her for a month. I find I feed quite a bit less than the RDA too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have you looked at Ziwipeak? It's dehydrated raw. The cans are even more expensive than this food so not recommending them (although they're amazing) but I swear by the dry. Kenzie weighs 5kg and a 1kg bag costs about 17 pounds in your money and lasts her for a month. I find I feed quite a bit less than the RDA too.
Thanks I have considered it :D

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
I went by the feeding guide of 4 cans a day and added enough for 30 days to my basket. £234 it came to. Don't think we'll be feeding that somehow lol. Suppose it wouldn't be bad to stuff his Kongs with but I think hubby'd divorce me if I started spending £200+ on food for the dog :blink:

Can't believe how cheap raw is for most people. Cheapest I can get it to is 50 euros for about 6 weeks worth of food.
I estimated 5 cans per day as 'giant' stops at 40kg so Kilo must be 'super giant' :w00t:.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I feed Ollie this food full time. He has one can per day, so its ok cost-wise for us. If I had a larger dog or more than one dog, I would reconsider the food due to cost. However, it works great for us. Ollie's stools are fine, small and solid. His coat condition is great, and his body condition is fantastic. Ollie does really well on the food.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.