Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Northwest places to ride

Discussion in 'Horse Riding and Training' started by emmaluvsmango, Apr 9, 2012.

1. emmaluvsmango

emmaluvsmango PetForums Junior

Hi everyone, my boys turning 4 next month and im ready to start taking him out for the day in the next few months. We live near wigan (bewtween manchester and liverpool), I would like to find places within an hours drive, and Im looking for rides around 2 hours to begin with, as I know he can manage this comfortably if I keep him slow and steady.

Any information about rides in the area would be greatly appreciated, even if they are longer rides or a bit further away, i can put them on my list for next year :)

Sometimes I will be riding with a friend and her cob and other times I will be riding with my partner , he doesnt horse ride so will be cycling the route, so if you know of a ride which is particulally suitable for cycling aswell that would be great, he's pretty fit and does the black routes at the forests, but obviously we arent going to get far in boggy grass lol.

My bobs doing so well now, weve just been to trec training last weekend, his first time in the box with another horse, and in a paddock with other horses, going back in may to do a mini mock competition, love my boy so very much!

If anybody has any rides planned in the area and would like some company, let us know :)

Attached Files:

2. bluegirl

bluegirl PetForums Senior

What about Rivington pike, I see riders over there?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice